DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, Eivion said:

Drinking while taking a bath or shower seems weird to me. Also am I the only person who doesn't drink alcohol here? 

Nope. I've never had an alcoholic beverage either and I'm about to turn 42. Not that I look down my nose at folks that do....

• Like 4

I was a regular in the late 90s / early 00's... back when we would end every sentence with a "~!". 

Got away from wrestling from roughly 2003-2015. 

I make wine for a living - and I'm an ex chef. I'm essentially a functioning alcoholic.

That said- shower beers are lame. And if you're a fool to being a glass bottle into the shower with you then I have all the laughs directed your way. ?

Edited by Wyld Samurai
  • Haha 2

I joined 6 years ago, so I'm fairly new. I literally have zero recollection on how I found this place or if I was a lurker in the beginning or posted semi-frequently. My memory blows. You guys are fun though. For the most part.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Probably due to my anxiety as much as anything, but I’m definitely still a lurker for the most part. Have been for the better part of 20 years. 

Fuck, we’re all getting old. 

Speak for yourself, I'm in my prime!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I was a regular in the late 90s / early 00's... back when we would end every sentence with a "~!". 

Got away from wrestling from roughly 2003-2015. 

I make wine for a living - and I'm an ex chef. I'm essentially a functioning alcoholic.

That said- shower beers are lame. And if you're a fool to being a glass bottle into the shower with you then I have all the laughs directed your way. ?

Nothing will sober up your ass faster than picking shards of glass out of your feet.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Nothing will sober up your ass faster than picking shards of glass out of your feet.

or getting pulled over with an 8 ball on you, which I got away with. I got told to just go home.

...it wasn't all for me, but like 5 of us to split, which we did

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I didn't lurk much and I've been posting since the green (and was there also a red version?) of the board when you didn't even have to login. That part of it always puzzled me because it seemed like anybody could login as anybody, but from what I can remember, we were all very honorable in that regard.

BTW, how is it that at the end of every month we seemingly run out of shit to talk about and it devolves into this, which is fine, but then once it's the first of the month we're right back on topic again...

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

or getting pulled over with an 8 ball on you, which I got away with. I got told to just go home.

lightweight ?

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, how is it that at the end of every month we seemingly run out of shit to talk about and it devolves into this, which is fine, but then once it's the first of the month we're right back on topic again...

I actually think what happens is we unintentionally hold back until the new thread starts so that the conversation isn't split between general threads.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've never had the glass in my feet experience because even though I have been phenomenally fucked up on many occasions, I have never been so fucked up that the idea of taking a glass bottle or a glass into the shower seemed wise. 

My coke use saw the product delivered to my home, so that wasn't a problem, I do recall having to talk to the cops when I had a 1/2 jar (500 tabs) of methamphetamine in my jacket pocket, I was sure that a bit of the baggie was protruding, but I guess not... Amazing that they used to sell that shit for weight-loss when I was in high school.

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I didn't lurk much and I've been posting since the green (and was there also a red version?) of the board when you didn't even have to login. That part of it always puzzled me because it seemed like anybody could login as anybody, but from what I can remember, we were all very honorable in that regard.

C'mon, would you rather talk about whatever lame-ass shit VKM has on or be regaled by NGE and me swapping drug stories from years gone by? ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

because if a thread should get locked, it should be July 29, not August 1

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

because if a thread should get locked, it should be July 29, not August 1

Let's just face it, we are the once and future masters of thread-derailment.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OSJ said:

C'mon, would you rather talk about whatever lame-ass shit VKM has on or be regaled by NGE and me swapping drug stories from years gone by? ?

Vince's drug stories would makes us look like we've been snorting Pixy-Stix.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Vince's drug stories would makes us look like we've been snorting Pixy-Stix.

Yeah, from what I've read about his exploits the very fact that he didn't explode seems miraculous.

• Haha 1

I never did hard drugs but I was out drinking completely out of it,  had an edible at one point and ended up in the hospital with a panic attack.  That was it for me.  That was the point where I cut way back on alcohol consumption and started focusing on school.  

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Nope. I've never had an alcoholic beverage either and I'm about to turn 42. Not that I look down my nose at folks that do....

Nor do I, it's just that I've had my share and probably the shares of a couple of dozen other people. It's just that I developed an allergy where I break out in spots when I drink, spots like sleazy dives, drunk tanks, jails, ya know; spots like that.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No one believes you. I bet it was a Speedball too.

3 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Nor do I, it's just that I've had my share and probably the shares of a couple of dozen other people. It's just that I developed an allergy where I break out in spots when I drink, spots like sleazy dives, drunk tanks, jails, ya know; spots like that.

source.gif

• Haha 6