DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Well come on now.  They're independent contractors.  When my plumber leaves my house and gets a DUI, I'm not responsible.  ?

Hey, leave Dirty White Boy out of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Editing makes me feel diminished due to the "edited" timestamp.

You just gotta be scrupulous. I've never had to use the edit function once and my posts are all perfecto.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It's the worst when you go back to read a post and realize you left out a word or had a punctuation error. That sort of thing always bothers me, so I correct it.

I'll do you one better: I've done that hours later after the original error has already been quoted by someone else. Hopefully people are reading my edited post and skimming/ignoring the quoted one. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 3

Uso is responsible for his own personal actions is a fair statement, is it not? If any of us had DUIs, we wouldn't expect our employers to jump in and reprimand us. Yeah, it's slightly different in that he's a public figure, but I also don't think entertainers or sportspeople get reprimanded/fined for DUIs, do they? (genuine question as I don't follow NA sports and I assume they only ever get punished/dropped when it's a serious crime?)

Depends. If you get banned from driving and your Job involves driving, they let you go. Athletes and entertainers are held to different standards though. In many ways.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AxB said:

I like to edit my double posts, so they become multiple posts making different points.

I like to double my edited posts so that I may make the same point in a multitude of charming and amusing ways.

Can this Samoan Summit just be Joe and Roman talking mad shit for 15 minutes like they were trying to put together bars for a dis track?

And Seth vs Dolph? Jesus. What a great way to follow up the Raw that had the most viewers in a year.

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And Seth vs Dolph? Jesus. What a great way to follow up the Raw that had the most viewers in a year.

Who was the guy who was obsessed with WWE writers reading this board? I think they left or got booted. Because they'd be all over this. Saying that they'd read Technico Support saying Cody vs Shawn Spears was a good idea because it concentrated all the suck in one place.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It's the worst when you go back to read a post and realize you left out a word or had a punctuation error. That sort of thing always bothers me, so I correct it. Getting stamped may as well be a scarlet letter:

THIS ONE KNOWS NOT WHAT THEY SAY!

*branded on the chest with DVDVR logo*

I always go back and correct any errors I find. I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling. 

21 hours ago, Ace said:

I clicked the link to see if the "Samoan Summit" was a confrontation between Joe and Roman, or an intervention for the Usos.

Please let it be like an episode of A&E's Intervention.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I complained about it when it first showed up, but...

It makes me feel like half the man I used to be, not quite enough for a woman to call me creep.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Daniel Bryan's running knee is my favourite. What a way to debut a new finisher putting down John Cena, The Man at Summerslam 2013. A show well worth losing sleep over. Surprised the infamous Pedigree was included.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Vince McMahon pop-culture update from this week's Prichard podcast: 2019 Vince has finally discovered and enjoys Deadwood. So those scripted promos that don't sound like real people? Those are likely going to get worse by a factor of David Milch, minus the manic talent. 

Also: If this makes it into the wrestling fan zeitgeist, expect the awful Racist Vince Voice "jokes" to get worse by a factor of Al speaking to/about Asians/Native Americans.

Maybe in another 20 years Vince will see the Tarantino movie that just dropped featuring board-favourite Timothy Olyphant in a supporting role. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2