DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

So I saw @OSJ's post in the locked thread in the WWE forum, about how the best way to rehabilitate Seth Rollins would be to put him in a trio, with a violent loose cannon and a Samoan destroyer. And I was wondering what OSJ had against Simon Gotch, that he was giving Seth Rollins Gotch's spot in Contra Unit?

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, AxB said:

Or left a Crow between him and the door.

Joker Sting was money. It’s disappointing but possibly not surprising that WWE Sting was the worst Sting. That 2K Sports commercial “got” Sting more than the actual company did. And, you know, him just being older and unable to do much.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Joker Sting was money. It’s disappointing but possibly not surprising that WWE Sting was the worst Sting. That 2K Sports commercial “got” Sting more than the actual company did. And, you know, him just being older and unable to do much.

I had the same reaction to Joker Sting that everyone had to the Final Deletion/Hardys stuff. When it first went down I said "what the fuck is this?" and then the performers turned it into something so much more satisfying and engaging than it had any right to be on paper. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

I had the same reaction to Joker Sting that everyone had to the Final Deletion/Hardys stuff. When it first went down I said "what the fuck is this?" and then the performers turned it into something so much more satisfying and engaging than it had any right to be on paper. 

The best part about Joker Sting was that while the look was patterned on Heath Ledger's Joker, it's very clear from Sting's performance that his point of reference for the Joker is Cesar Romero. 

That juxtaposition of look and character traits was really, really fun. It looked like Sting was enjoying the chance to play a part from a show that he liked as a kid. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

n.W.o  Wolfpac Sting was worst Sting by far. 

WWE Sting's next. Shame Sting didn't join WWE in 2011 when we got those mysterious vignettes which turned out to be Undertaker as Sting re-signed with TNA. Instead of 'Taker vs. Sting at WrestleMania XXVIII, Sting was stuck with a in no condition to perform Jeff Hardy at TNA Victory Road 2011 in THAT match. 

The time Undertaker vs. Sting was possible because Sting signed a WWE contract, we got Trips' vs. Sting and 'Taker vs. Wyatt at WrestleMania XXXI. Dummies.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

WWE Sting's next. Shame Sting didn't join WWE in 2011 when we got those mysterious vignettes which turned out to be Undertaker as Sting re-signed with TNA. Instead of 'Taker vs. Sting at WrestleMania XXVIII, Sting was stuck with a in no condition to perform Jeff Hardy at TNA Victory Road 2011 in THAT match. 

jhvs-fi.jpg

KB3j63.gif

Sting wasn't fucking around.

I'm unable to find the death glare Sting gives Jeff Hardy before the GIF cuts out.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the history of wrestling matches in which one participant is in no condition to perform, most of them are lengthy, botch strewn carry jobs. Broomstick matches. I love that Sting just shot on a guy. Especially because he shot in a working fashion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

The best part about Joker Sting was that while the look was patterned on Heath Ledger's Joker, it's very clear from Sting's performance that his point of reference for the Joker is Cesar Romero. 

That juxtaposition of look and character traits was really, really fun. It looked like Sting was enjoying the chance to play a part from a show that he liked as a kid. 

Joker Sting could have been an awesome persona for a heel manager, if he wanted to go in that direction.

Edited by mattdangerously
  • Like 2

Putting this here since it will have the most visibility:

https://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-network-just-got-better

It sounds like this change will hit Roku devices as well, to which I say "fucking finally." The Roku app has sucked so bad for so long now.

Also, this doesn't include them moving away from Flash or upgrading to 1080p. They're still using Flash for this shit, which is annoying, and resolution is capped at 720p, which I guess is fine...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Of course he did. And of course the comments are full of people who can't type or spell. Also a person with a far-right Nazi meme as their avatar. 

So, Eric's biker buddies?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Putting this here since it will have the most visibility:

https://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-network-just-got-better

It sounds like this change will hit Roku devices as well, to which I say "fucking finally." The Roku app has sucked so bad for so long now.

Also, this doesn't include them moving away from Flash or upgrading to 1080p. They're still using Flash for this shit, which is annoying, and resolution is capped at 720p, which I guess is fine...

The Roku app has been butt since I got it. Thank goodness for Xbox.

Also FYI, for yourself or anyone who may have missed it, I got a separate email recently that the app will no longer be supported on Samsung smart TVs manufactured prior to 2016.

Why yes, of course I got mine in December 2015, why do you ask?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Also FYI, for yourself or anyone who may have missed it, I got a separate email recently that the app will no longer be supported on Samsung smart TVs manufactured prior to 2016.

Yeah, it's really weird. Xbox, PS3, PS4, Fire Stick, Chromecast, Apple TV, the Windows app, phone apps, and non-Roku smart TVs all have a similar experience.

The Roku has been the lone Network app that completely sucks. It honestly looks like a bootleg app someone else created so you can use the Network on a not-official app, but the person who made it has zero knowledge for creating a GUI. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Just trade it in for a new new 64K Ultra Hyper Combo TV From LGSansuiSonyCorporeality, only $19.95! (It's just an old CRT with a big magnifying lens in front of it.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, it's really weird. Xbox, PS3, PS4, Fire Stick, Chromecast, Apple TV, the Windows app, phone apps, and non-Roku smart TVs all have a similar experience.

The Roku has been the lone Network app that completely sucks. It honestly looks like a bootleg app someone else created so you can use the Network on a not-official app, but the person who made it has zero knowledge for creating a GUI. 

I've had a roku for 4 years and I find that the apps have been getting worse and worse. I'm not sure what their market share among streaming devices is, but they seem to be an after thought for a lot of companies.