DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Guest Edwin

Walking through Downtown Orlando after the MLS All Star game I randomly run into Marcel Barthel and Raúl Mendoza outside a bar and Barthel stopped me to talk about Atlético de Madrid and Antoine Griezmann. ??‍♂️

Edited by Edwin

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm down to check out some Doink squashes if any of you can dig 'em up. Borne's rep is so big in this way and I don't remember any of the ones I probably saw as a kid on Superstars. 

You'd be pretty surprised how few Bourne-Doink squashes there are.  He was on regularly from Rumble to Mania, but then primarily did matches with Perfect, Jannetty, and Savage in the summer.  Then Bourne was fired after SummerSlam.  Would love to see the Memphis Bourne  appearances.  Only USWA Doink matches I've seen were clearly post-firing.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just to close this thread down, Coors Light is now airing a commercial promoting themselves as the official "shower beer" beer, featuring a guy drinking one and dancing in the shower. You're welcome.

That's the go to pint for my Dad, a Coors Light.

Fosters is mine. Carling as an alternative to.

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just to close this thread down, Coors Light is now airing a commercial promoting themselves as the official "shower beer" beer, featuring a guy drinking one and dancing in the shower. You're welcome.

Wish I gave shower beer a shot before reading this as now the whole concept is ruined for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Imagine how different pro wrestling would be today if the Plan B video had gotten released. All five of these guys would have been blackballed from the business. Ronnie Garvin would never have been NWA Champ. Bob Orton wouldn’t have appeared in the main event of WrestleMania I. We would never have heard of the names Dean Malenko and Randy Orton  

• RIPPA locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic