DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cliff had a job, although was not very efficient. There was one episode where another postal employee comes in the bar and realizes that he's there with the infamous Cliff Claven. He mentions that his boss talks about Cliff all the time. When somebody screws up, he tells them to pull their head out of their Claven.

Norm was an unemployed barfly. He was the one not to be. Norm is basically CM Punk's father as he described him in his "This is real, this is straight-edge" promo where going to the unemployment office meant goinf to the bar. Norm definitely seemed like the kind of the guy that would take a beer into the shower. Fuck, I've done that once.

If anyone, the Cheers regular to be was Fraiser Crane. Sure, his wife left him for another man who turned out to be gay, and got custody of Frederick, He moved back to Seattle and had a successful gig as a radio advice host.

Now I'm trying to recall if I ever took a beer into the shower with me... I'm sure that I must have, it's just been a long, long time ago.

Norm was an accountant to start, then he was his company's hatchet man which led to him quitting. Then he was unemployed before becoming a house painter (which didn't pan out) and ended up as accountant at City Hall after Woody got elected to the city council.

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Drinking a beer in the shower always seemed like the grossest thing so I've never done that. Drinks and food don't go into the bathroom or bedroom unless it's a Sprite or chicken broth when I'm sick.

Re-reading that makes it look like one of John Cena's weirdo contact rules...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I took a beer into the shower once because so many people rave about it. I don't see the appeal.

Wine or hard liquor in a bath? That's a different story.

Oh it's way better in a bath, but I rarely have time for that kind of relaxation. However if I'm staying at a hotel for work and my room has a tub, it's definitely happening. 

I still like shower beer but I suppose that's mostly because I'm a "shower after work" type. If you're a morning person, yeah makes less sense to take a beer into a shower. 

1 hour ago, AxB said:

What happened to change that? Was it just Brody dying, or is it something to do with Tenryu and his crew leaving as well? 

Did we ever do "What if Tenryu never left AJPW?" in the What If thread?

Baba was inspired by Shoot Wrestling to have more clean finishes, the rest of the 90's promotions were too but not fully like AJPW 90's.

• Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
21 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I took a beer into the shower once because so many people rave about it. I don't see the appeal.

There's a direct correlation to how tired and thirsty you are and how much you need the shower when it comes to how much you're going to enjoy it.

37 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Drinking a beer in the shower always seemed like the grossest thing so I've never done that. Drinks and food don't go into the bathroom or bedroom unless it's a Sprite or chicken broth when I'm sick.

Re-reading that makes it look like one of John Cena's weirdo contact rules...

Jim Cornette, is that you?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Brandy in the bath seems like a totally Brit thing, just sayin'.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Beer in the bath. Sorry, OSJ ;).

Fair enough!  It occurs to me that I haven't had a beer in as long as you've been alive, or pretty close to it. ?

• Like 2

I was going to say that brandy in the bath might be more of a French thing, but then there's the whole bathing part that sort of mitigates that.

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Brandy in the bath seems like a totally Brit thing, just sayin'.

I don't drink. But I did used to have a cup of tea in the bath of a morning. Super British!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

"We are evaluating a player based on many things, including the quality of human being they are. If you have any sort of criminal record or commit a crime you aren’t playing in this league."

- “Mr. Zero Tolerance” Vince McMahon during his XFL press conference

I expect Richie Incognito in the league immediately after he tries to kill half his teammates.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AxB said:

What happened to change that? Was it just Brody dying, or is it something to do with Tenryu and his crew leaving as well?  

Did we ever do "What if Tenryu never left AJPW?" in the What If thread? 

"Common knowledge" is that the popularity of the second UWF lead to people expecting clean finishes.

2 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I've done shower gatorades/chocolate milks after the gym. (I don't drink.) Sometimes you feel super gross and need a shower, but you also just gotta hydrate and/or get some protein in.

Ma'am I cannot support shower milk, we live in a society!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Don't pass out and drown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

There's a direct correlation to how tired and thirsty you are and how much you need the shower when it comes to how much you're going to enjoy it.

And there is a direct correlation to how much you need to get alcohol in your system when it comes to having a shower beer. I'd put it at a 7/10. 

Shower beers are the ultimate working man's luxury, in my opinion. My old house had a sit down shower because a person in a wheelchair used to live there, and it was a great spot to have one after mowing the lawn. 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

My old house had a sit down shower because a wheelchair guy used to live there, and it was a great spot to have one after mowing the lawn.

That had to be fucking amazing. I would take three showers a day just because of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2