DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

There's a direct correlation to how tired and thirsty you are and how much you need the shower when it comes to how much you're going to enjoy it.

And there is a direct correlation to how much you need to get alcohol in your system when it comes to having a shower beer. I'd put it at a 7/10. 

Shower beers are the ultimate working man's luxury, in my opinion. My old house had a sit down shower because a person in a wheelchair used to live there, and it was a great spot to have one after mowing the lawn. 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

My old house had a sit down shower because a wheelchair guy used to live there, and it was a great spot to have one after mowing the lawn.

That had to be fucking amazing. I would take three showers a day just because of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Drinking while taking a bath or shower seems weird to me. Also am I the only person who doesn't drink alcohol here? 

No, haven't had a drink since 6/26/88

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Eivion said:

I feel bad, I somehow completely forgot you stopped drinking decades ago. 

Don't feel bad and certainly don't drink over it! ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OSJ said:

Don't feel bad and certainly don't drink over it! ?

The only time I really deal with alcohol is cooking or taking a sip of what my older sisters get the one or two times a year we eat out.

We played a soccer game one night, 10 PM start time. Raining and windy the whole time. Turned to snow at the end of the game. When I got home, all i wanted was a cold beer and a warm shower. So it ends up feeling like when you drink a beer in a hot tub. Your body is warm, and the refreshing cold beer just makes everything okay. 

As for not drinking, don't ever feel bad about it. I took a six month sabbatical after a friend died. Do what makes you happy. 

• Like 4

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Ma'am I cannot support shower milk, we live in a society!!!

Don't yuck my yum. ?

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Drinking while taking a bath or shower seems weird to me. Also am I the only person who doesn't drink alcohol here? 

Sober since 2003! Though I wish I had kept track of the date like John did.

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Speaking of which, I kinda wish Walton Goggins had a role in this somewhere. 

Even though Walt's had a few Tarantino roles, I think it'd be greedy to want Boyd in a movie where we get Raylan and Dewey Crowe. 

But hey, if Tarantino wants to do another western with half the cast of Justified, I'm there. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Sober since 2003! Though I wish I had kept track of the date like John did.

Last time I tasted alcohol would be 1988 or 89. I was 14 years old at the time. Not that I was any kind of drinker before that. But where most teenagers get their first taste and go "This is fantastic let's do it all the time!", I got slightly tipsy once and thought it sucked and to not do it again. Most people who stopped drinking early have a "Woke up in a pool of vomit and urine" story. I don't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

Last time I tasted alcohol would be 1988 or 89. I was 14 years old at the time. Not that I was any kind of drinker before that. But where most teenagers get their first taste and go "This is fantastic let's do it all the time!", I got slightly tipsy once and thought it sucked and to not do it again. Most people who stopped drinking early have a "Woke up in a pool of vomit and urine" story. I don't.

I just dislike the taste. Took one sip and thought it was crap. So far that seems to continue with my constantly thinking this might taste ok if there was actually no alcohol in it. I should probably try virgin drinks at some point.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I drink maybe 1 time a year. And then it is just one shot of vanilla Crown Royal.

Drank heavy from 16 until I hit 22. Haven't drank much since then.

I used to manage a bar so I was a heavy drinker from about 2001-2013. Nowadays, I’ll try to have some drinks and they just don’t taste the same to me or maybe, it’s just lost it’s fun for me. I guess there’s a lot better things I could spend my money on. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I like it. This place totally feels like Cheers, even if I'm just a perpetual extra in the background and not Norm or Cliff. 

Most of the main characters retired from DVDVR or they pop in occasionally.  You're posting in a spin off. 

• Like 4