DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

I recently watched the Flair vs Savage cage match and after Flair starts bleeding it becomes almost unwatchable as they try to keep the cameras from showing the blood. Wouldve been a lot better if they just left it on a wide shot.

19 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Nicki Minaj's current BF is a registered sex offender and convicted murderer. Don't die on any hill praising her morality.

I think that was his point.  If dealing with Saudi Arabia is too sketchy for a woman who seems to have no moral compass, what does that say about the WWE?

• Like 2

Was, Thunderlips Vs Rocky Balboa, Hogan’s best match? Hard hitting, fast, and no wasted motion. This was the most crisp in the ring he ever looked. It ends in a draw, and it’s short, so that hurts it’s rating. But for something that ends so soon, it feels like we got enough. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

Holy shit. He's lucky he didn't die or kill someone else. Take away his license and get him into rehab or something. WWE's boilerplate bullshit "such and such is responsible for their own actions" statement doesn't fly in this scenario.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I think that was his point.  If dealing with Saudi Arabia is too sketchy for a woman who seems to have no moral compass, what does that say about the WWE?

That was his point. Burgundy just decided to bang away angrily at the keyboard. Nicki has performed in other countries with human rights issues before and had no problem with dealing with the backlash. Also, I would assume Saudi Arabia offered her more money than Angola for example so WWE money is relative.

Holy shit. He's lucky he didn't die or kill someone else. Take away his license and get him into rehab or something. WWE's boilerplate bullshit "such and such is responsible for their own actions" statement doesn't fly in this scenario.

I never go to WWE.com but seeing that in the f4wonline articles, I laugh at how ridiculous that shit sounds. It sounds like someone scolding their teenage daughter for missing curfew.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LP Steve said:

Ric Flair has truly arrived: he's an answer in today's New York Times Crossword.

When Will Shortz a) notices you and b) decides that your first and/or last name is the perfect length and includes enough vowels to be an effective crossword puzzle, you truly are The Man. (Yeah, I know he probably just edited the crossword, but still.)

It's the non-music equivalent of getting parodied by Weird Al. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

For me, the comment read as if he was praising her for taking a stand when she doesn't deserve it.

I don't know why @Elsalvajeloco would assume I was 'banging angrily' to type my opinion. I certainly wasn't.

4 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

For me, the comment read as if he was praising her for taking a stand when she doesn't deserve it.

I dunno how you could get that from what anyone said whether it was @Niners Fan in CT or @piranesi. Literally, you are the only one who interpreted it that way. In addition, you added that he was dying on a hill like someone wrote a dissertation about Nicki Minaj being the moral standard for the entire music industry. The only thing you can take away is WWE is so shitty that they look shittier in comparison to OTHER shitty people. There was no praise involved. It barely qualifies as a backhanded compliment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LP Steve said:

Ric Flair has truly arrived: he's an answer in today's New York Times Crossword.

I have this crossword app on my phone, and one of the clues was for a 6 letter word, "Wrestler Chuck Taylor's alias."  I Facebook-contacted him and asked him for help, and he said he had no clue but wanted a screenshot.

Later I solved it: "Nevins".  A day or so later, he hit me back up asking if I solved it.  When I told him, he "hahaha"d.  

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I dunno how you could get that from what anyone said whether it was @Niners Fan in CT or @piranesi. Literally, you are the only one who interpreted it that way. In addition, you added that he was dying on a hill like someone wrote a dissertation about Nicki Minaj being the moral standard for the entire music industry. The only thing you can take away is WWE is so shitty that they look shittier in comparison to OTHER shitty people. There was no praise involved. It barely qualifies as a backhanded compliment.

I saw the quote from Niners and that's how I took it. Not saying I was right, just that's how I read it.

"Dying on a hill" was a quip, because who actually dies on a hill other than Jack and Jill.

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I saw the quote from Niners and that's how I took it. Not saying I was right, just that's how I read it.

"Dying on a hill" was a quip, because who actually dies on a hill other than Jack and Jill.

We really need something better than a Preview option for this board like a "You sure about this, bud?" button.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

We really need something better than a Preview option for this board like a "You sure about this, bud?" button.

And after clicking that you have to click another button that says "Are you POSITIVE? Take 60 seconds to think about it."

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

WWE's statement Thursday: "Jonathan Fatu is responsible for his own personal actions."

Lol. Might as well just have said "Leave us alone.  We're busy counting our Saudi blood money and trying to think of ways to keep our independent contractors from working for AEW."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Editing makes me feel diminished due to the "edited" timestamp.

It's the worst when you go back to read a post and realize you left out a word or had a punctuation error. That sort of thing always bothers me, so I correct it. Getting stamped may as well be a scarlet letter:

THIS ONE KNOWS NOT WHAT THEY SAY!

*branded on the chest with DVDVR logo*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3