DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

That's the problem. Not get into a whole "Fuck the rich" rant, but apparently if you can afford those seats, you also just sit on your hands. It's like the Vince Theatre joke from South Park. All the crowd noise is coming down from the cheaper seats. That's where families can afford to take the kids who do love this right now, and that's where all the smarky shit comes from as well. 

• Like 1

New Yankee Stadium lost a lot of the atmosphere that the old park had.  But that was just the beginning.  Same thing is happening with the Warriors and all over sports.  Crowds are getting worse as the teams get better and the rabid fans are priced out. 

• Like 1

Summerslam 2012 was on the Network yesterday. And the one thing that stood out the most? They had some band performing whatever was the theme song was. And then the Divas came out and go go danced! Imagine that happening today. 

32 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

New Yankee Stadium lost a lot of the atmosphere that the old park had.  But that was just the beginning.  Same thing is happening with the Warriors and all over sports.  Crowds are getting worse as the teams get better and the rabid fans are priced out. 

The best place to sit in the new stadium to be with the die-hard fans like me is with "The Bleacher Creatures" in RF section 203. They're the ones that get the roll call started at every home game.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

41 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Summerslam 2012 was on the Network yesterday. And the one thing that stood out the most? They had some band performing whatever was the theme song was. And then the Divas came out and go go danced! Imagine that happening today. 

I cam imagine it in lucha. Likely no place else. 

I mean, we got the edecanes on friday dressed up liger doing a dance number. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I'd say that would pay to most sports, not just the WWF. Look at the often empty $1000 tickets at yankee stadium or many luxury boxes at various matches. 

The Prawn Sandwich Brigade is going international? Fantastic. People complained that The Emirates Stadium doesn't have the atmosphere that Arsenal's old Highbury stadium did. Fans of other teams mocked Highbury as 'Library' for how quiet it was compared to other grounds.

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

The Prawn Sandwich Brigade is going international? Fantastic. People complained that The Emirates Stadium doesn't have the atmosphere that Arsenal's old Highbury stadium did. Fans of other teams mocked Highbury as 'Library' for how quiet it was compared to other grounds.

That sounds like it also happens at Wembley when the mens team says there: lots of Blazers who dont bother actually watching the game. 

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

Have to ask, was the match any good? Not a fan of three-ways but if they lit it up...

If you mean the Friday night Arena Mexico match, which was a 4 way, it was okay. Everyone got their stuff in and it had the right ending. (Its posted in the matches thread.). 

If you mean the 3 way Saturday night with Liger, Felino and Mr Aguila, I havent seen it yet. 

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh I didn't know there were two matches, thanx. 

I think he wrestled 3 times*. Saturday, he had 10 1 minute matches and then a real match vs the winner of a battle royale,  which was Felino & Aguila. 

Sunday, he is a tag with mistico vs  Caristico & UG.

Edited by odessasteps

9 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

1) Vaguely remember a Rock vs X-Pac WWF title match on a UK PPV that was somewhat a precursor to the Taker/Jeff Hardy title match. Loved the psychology in that match until the bullshit ending.

WWF Capital Carnage 1998.

I think Thr Memndoza Line begins and ends with Brian Adias. Being childhood friends with the Von Erich boys gets a few runs ith the Texas title even though you're just kinda... in the ring

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, J.H. said:

I think Thr Memndoza Line begins and ends with Brian Adias. Being childhood friends gets a few runs ith the Texas title even though you're just kinda... in the ring

James

Not bad. Al Perez is another option I'm throwing out there.

I will now nominate Shawn Stasiak. He was  the worst of the Natural Born Thrillers outfit. He did absolutely nothing to stand out.  He had less charisma than everyone else in the group. All he had was a look and a name. He was another guy in there just doing stuff.  Nothing ever remarkable,  nothing ever flat out atrocious.  Just a random guy that looked like a early 2000s CAW.  

• Like 1

As good as Becky's line was, I wish we could have gotten a "fuck Hulk Hogan" with it, if only to confirm that she's an avid DVDVR fan...

...and also because fuck Hulk Hogan...

Edited by The Comedian
Fuck Hulk Hogan
  • Thanks 2