DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

I hope the new thing is him saying he's not doing any more moves off the top rop. No more kicks. No more high flying. He's a wrestler and he's going to deliver pure wrestling to the fans until they learn what real wrestling is and then he proceeds to wrestle the most boring style he can and wins matches with small packages because fuck the fans.

Well, Cornette did say theres a 7 year grace period for angles. This would be 25 years since Cactus Jack.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm assuming Bryan will be pushing to challenge Kofi for the belt again. I just want it to somehow led him into the path of Roman. I really want another Roman/Bryan match.

Same here. That's one of Roman Reigns' best matches. Doesn't seem to be talked up much.

Jericho discusses the Dean Ambrose feud, with Mitch the potted plant. Arguably more entertaining than the feud was.

• Haha 1

Maybe the Undertaker is adding Hanson and Rowe to his stable. His misheard their name and thought they were the Biking Extortionists.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

Maybe the Undertaker is adding Hanson and Rowe to his stable. His misheard their name and thought they were the Biking Extortionists.

Just as long as they don't get shirts from that motorcycle shop with the SS logo.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 minute ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Whatever you are doing right now, you should be watching Gable vs. Gallagher from 205 instead.

I wish I could like this post a thousand times. That match was off the charts awesome. And the Drake-Mike Kanellis segment was great as well.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In news that will make @EricR distraught

This is really sad and I didn't actually know things were going tough for him. During the Berzerker project I tried to contact him but I have no connections and didn't get far. I'd love to interview him and do a long write up. 

And for those of you don't know how great the Berzerker actually was during his 2 year WWF run, or are skeptical yet want to be convinced of his WWF greatness, I will use this opportunity to promote my Complete & Accurate Berzerker. It's my favorite project that I've done (so far). I love this dude. 

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2017/02/complete-accurate-berzerker.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe Rupaul is adding Hanson and Rowe to his stable. He misheard their name and thinks they are the Striking Exhibitionists.

Maybe USA Volleyball is adding Hanson and Rowe to their stable. They misheard their name and think they are the Spiking Explosionists.

Maybe Willem de Kooning is adding Hanson and Rowe to his stable. He misheard their name and thinks they are Liking Interiors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Maybe Rupaul is adding Hanson and Rowe to his stable. He misheard their name and thinks they are the Striking Exhibitionists.

Maybe USA Volleyball is adding Hanson and Rowe to their stable. They misheard their name and think they are the Spiking Explosionists.

Maybe Willem de Kooning is adding Hanson and Rowe to his stable. He misheard their name and thinks they are Liking Interiors.

;).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Jesus...look how "small" he is there...

I didn't even think about it but yeah, that mist have been during the time when he was trying to get smaller to get more roles (around the time of that Get Shorty sequel whose name escapes me).  Before he just said "fuck it," took all the HGH, and became an action movie guy.

52 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

FWIW, I enjoyed those random John Nord Nitro matches quite a bit. I think he was a fun TV worker. 

The night after SuperBrawl VIII when Scott Steiner came out with the bleached hair and white singlet for the first time after joining the NWO the night before, I was absolutely certain it was Nord at first and was glad to see him getting Nitro time because I was a fan of his from the weekend shows. I didn't even realize he was the Berserker until I got heavy into renting WWF tapes from Blockbuster and our other local video store later that year