DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Gene kayfabed being drunk. I somehow walked into Gene doing a WCW promo on the streets of Toronto. He ended the promo by saying that he needed some adult beverages and walked into a bar. I was so disillusioned when he walked back out right after the camera stopped. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ka-to said:

Gene kayfabed being drunk. I somehow walked into Gene doing a WCW promo on the streets of Toronto. He ended the promo by saying that he needed some adult beverages and walked into a bar. I was so disillusioned when he walked back out right after the camera stopped. 

This is like finding out there was no Santa Claus all over again. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If you want Dave Foley in drag, and the rest of the troupe for that matter, you need the Kids in the Hall in your life. Foley may have been the best looking one in drag, or Scott Thompson.

Dave Foley vs Mark McKinney is the classic "Short Dominant Peak vs Consistently Great Longevity" Hall Of Fame debate only as applied to drag acts

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ka-to said:

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is like finding out there was no Santa Claus all over again. 

Worse than when I found out Heenan didn't really hate Hogan

• Like 1

So me and my group were slow on getting Summerslam tickets, so it became next to impossible to get decent seats that are together. 

So what did we do?

We rented a 200 level skybox/suite at the Scotiabank Arena. A little pricey, but we are all together. And away from the unwashed masses lol. Should be a fun night!

• Like 9

Current medical issue in my abdomen (not the one I'm referencing, incidentally) has me thinking of a finisher: "Lethal Impaction" (a Meltzer atomic drop).

Maybe the Lucha Bros can use it.  Or the Revival, if they leave for AEW.

It may be diverticulitis.  No more making fun of Brock's.

Edited by nate

20 minutes ago, nate said:

Current medical issue in my abdomen (not the one I'm referencing, incidentally) has me thinking of a finisher: "Lethal Impaction" (a Meltzer atomic drop).

Maybe the Lucha Bros can use it.  Or the Revival, if they leave for AEW.

Reveal hidden contents

It may be diverticulitis.  No more making fun of Brock's.

Not enough vegetables. Too much Shawn Stasiak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sami Zayn - squashed multiple times

Cesaro - lost on PPV

Bobby Lashley - lost on PPV

Rey Jr - squashed by Lashley

Baron Corbin - lost on PPV

37 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And

giphy.gif

I don't know what the fuck that GIF is from, but every time I see it, it kills me. I am so impressed with Bryan's ability to avoid corpsing, though he came oh-so-close. 

Priceless. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Dave Foley vs Mark McKinney is the classic "Short Dominant Peak vs Consistently Great Longevity" Hall Of Fame debate only as applied to drag acts

As a Canadian, I feel I have enough clout to weigh in on this:

The Kids in the Hall Drag Power Rankings:

1. Dave (I mean...c'mon...)

2. Bruce

3. Mark (these 2 can probably be flipped based on personal preference. Mark was probably better looking when they wanted to make him an attractive character, but Bruce has the one thing the other Kids don't...dat thickness. I'd put Tammy and Kathy with a K over any of Mark's characters, looks wise)

4. Scott (Scott's own admission is that he didn't look good in drag. I think it might have been his Maron interview where he admits that it annoyed him to no end that the other Kids were better looking in dresses than him)

5. Kevin (sorry Kev)

Edited by elizium
  • Like 3

I always loved that the Kids in the Hall's explanation for how they approached their drag characters was that they didnt want them to be cartoonish over the top "that man's wearing a dress" (credit: Bobby Hill) but that they wanted to be portrayed as actual women. I think the exact phrase was that "any of these women can be your aunt, or your sister". 

And I know no one sells injuries anymore but Lashley was literally just murdered and thrown into an abyss by Braun Strowman LAST NIGHT. I had hopes that things were turning around when Strowman was out for a few weeks after the Titantron incident - which is an eternity for selling injuries these days - but holy shit they really couldn't do Raw for ONE week without Lashley? 

On 7/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, ka-to said:

Wait, what?

The guy who had 3 kidney transplants?

• Like 1