DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

3 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

The weirdest thing about the Brock/Cena match was that odd promo Cena cut at the end. Him standing on top of the ring steps and then talking going home or something like that. It gave you the impression that he was going to be off tv for a few weeks and then come back and get revenge. Mo

3 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

The weirdest thing about the Brock/Cena match was that odd promo Cena cut at the end. Him standing on top of the ring steps and then talking going home or something like that. It gave you the impression that he was going to be off tv for a few weeks and then come back and get revenge. Which didn't make any sense really because he won the match. Then he was back on RAW the next night. 

That happened alot in this time period especially with Cena. Alot of big angles got flat because they didn't want him off TV. Same thing with the Summer of Punk angle, Punk was right back on TV. People were thought it was stupid that Strowman and Lashley were back on RAW Monday after their deal. If your going to pull off a big angle that calls for a guy to sit out a few weeks than keep the guy off. If not than dont run the angle. You gotta be legit hurt to be off TV unless you got a Jericho or Brock type deal.

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Shit,  you know what I need to go back and watch again is the first Shield vs. Wyatts encounter.  The crowd reaction before the match begins was something so organic.. that is so rare to come by these days.  WWE spends all this time manufacturing "moments" well..  that was a real legitimate moment of the decade and somehow WWE managed to ruin one of the stables and run off 1/3 of the other..  

and eventually running off 1/3 of the other faction while he sits at home not being used

None of WWE's forced moments can compare to the organic moments The Shield vs. Wyatt Family produced.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Someone made the point that the WWE has had not just softballs but T-balls given to them in ESPN interviews that I wonder if the majority of them know how to handle someone different.  Especially Fox Sports 1 where even though they have a deal with the WWE I don't think most of them actually likes the product.   I bet there are a lot more Colin Cowherd's in that network concerning the WWE then ESPN

And the video has already been removed.   This is my shocked face ?

Wonder how fucked Bayley is for not playing the great solider.  I mean she was probably losing tomorrow anyway 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

Bayley played it just fine. Lots of people talk about the grind of the road when asked in interviews. She didn't bring up the CBA stuff. She brushed it aside. She even suggested the company can't pay for travel and lodging for "thirty superstars."

What would they have to be upset at Bayley for? If anything, they'd have an ax to grind with the reporter. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Bayley played it just fine. Lots of people talk about the grind of the road when asked in interviews. She didn't bring up the CBA stuff. She brushed it aside. She even suggested the company can't pay for travel and lodging for "thirty superstars."

Imagine how stupid those sports teams are, playing for travel and lodging for their players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You joke, but it's not like Vince has ever had a problem lashing out at journalists who hit him with stiff questions. 

It wasn’t even like she was being a serious hard hitting journalist with that question. Bayley just accidentally surprised an entertainment normy that doesn’t know shit about the realities of these trained athletes. She might have assumed they were a part of SAG when she was going down that line of questioning. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - he is the other "fun" part. The WWE covers the travel expenses of the ring crew

Granted it is cover the shitty pay they get but still

Is it really that fucking expensive for a billion dollar company to put these people up at a 3 star hotel for one night?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Casey said:

Kristine Leahy isn't an "entertainment normy" or whatever.

I apologize for that characterization of her.  

Edit: I think what might get Bayley in trouble is her agreeing with the remark that the WWE can afford the WWE superstars travel. Or maybe Leahy convinced her with her tone. Because Bayley sounded like she believed the WWE brass couldn’t afford the WWE’s performers travel right before Leahy suggested that.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What would they have to be upset at Bayley for? If anything, they'd have an ax to grind with the reporter. 

Well, Vince supposedly punished Dolph Ziggler for negative comments his brother made after the company released him (the brother), so.....  

Vince has a history of illogical, petty behavior. It doesn't really seem like a stretch for him to find some reason to blame Bayley for the CBA thing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Well, Vince supposedly punished Dolph Ziggler for negative comments his brother made after the company released him (the brother), so.....  

Vince has a history of illogical, petty behavior. It doesn't really seem like a stretch for him to find some reason to blame Bayley for the CBA thing.

My favorite "illogical Vince story" was him fining Malenko for Batista blading during a cage match against Jericho because even though Batista completely did the whole thing on his own, didn't tell anyone and said as much to Vince,  as the agent "he (Malenko) should've known they were going to do that".

Edited by cwoy2j

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

And the video has already been removed.   This is my shocked face ?

Its already the talk of Twitter, and this is a few months after the John Oliver thing. When wrestlers go on these platforms that is Wrestling friendly but not directly associated with the company these questions will likely come up. Even John Oliver in his segment came across as respectable to the business but more so sympathetic to the talent