DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

...fans of the fans...

Don't encourage them! If you start letting fans think they can have fans, that's a Pandora's box you don't want to be messing with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Thing is, Rock has both genres covered. Hobbs & Shaw is clearly intended to have 2-3 sequels and the Jumanji franchise brings in the families. 

The Rock was always going to become a huge star. His charisma and work ethic wasn't going to be contained by straight-to-DVD films or first-run YouTube streaming. He wouldn't have been the world's biggest movie star maybe, but his career still would have been one any wrestler would want.

And let’s be honest, the movies he was in before the Fast & Furious movies weren’t that bad. They weren’t going to wind up on any best of list for the year, or gross 8 trucks worth of money, but they also weren’t bottom of the barrel shit like The Chaperone either.

25 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

A follow up to this story is that apparently Moxley (on the DL, only put out by others as far as I know) donated 5000 bucks. 

Yeah, the story I read said that the GoFundMe was $5k short of its goal, and Moxley donated what they needed to complete it. The message he left with the donation was just a smiley face.

Apparently whoever trained Mox was close to Wright or something?

• Like 3

ZSJ wanting to be buried at Highgate Cemetery next to Karl Marx with the RevPro British Heavyweight Championship made him a favorite of mine. I can't boo him after that.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Casey said:

ZSJ wanting to be buried at Highgate Cemetery next to Karl Marx with the RevPro British Heavyweight Championship made him a favorite of mine. I can't boo him after that.

Cool, that way I can piss on both at once...

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That bit about being so dense light bends around him is a classic Thick Of It insult.

If you're going to steal, steal from the best.

Definitely. The Thick of It and In the Loop are great. Such creative insults. Malcolm Tucker is a memorable fucking character. F word a requirement.

Edited by The Natural

20 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That bit about being so dense light bends around him is a classic Thick Of It insult.

If you're going to steal, steal from the best.

That's why I laughed at the quote and his promo. Malcolm Tucker is such a strong wrestling promo.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 8:24 AM, christopher.annino said:

Who's the best/most well-liked wrestler with a particularly shitty move in his repertoire?

This post inspired by my answer, Pete Dunne. His finisher is so contrived and indyrific and doesn't really fit with the rest of his gimmick. Good name though. 

The Rock had a godawful swinging neckbreaker he used to do from time to time. And his sharpshooter is routinely slagged on.

• Like 2

Just now, cwoy2j said:

The Rock had a godawful swinging neckbreaker he used to do from time to time. And his sharpshooter is routinely slagged on.

Good shout. God that sharpshooter was the shits.

• Like 2

Just now, The Natural said:

Rock also tried a Figure Four against HHH on a Smackdown before their Iron Man match that was so bad it made Dusty Rhodes' look good by comparison. He must've practiced it a few times before the Iron Man match because he did one that was 1000 times better than that first attempt.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Natural said:

and his overhead belly to belly throw, because it sure as fuck wasn't a suplex

I hated the Rock's matches. His execution was just so goddamn ugly; it completely took me out of the matches.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1