DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Corporate Ministry EXPLODES! - 6/24/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not really wild about this program with Corbin and Evans being in the main event picture and definitely not keen on putting wrestlers' irl relationships into angles (unless they're an established act), but as long as it's just a placeholder program to last to Extreme Rules then whatever. In the meantime, if they do some vignettes with Lacy trying to teach Corbin how to be a proper gentleman it will make it worth it.

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I finally feel like this is Samoa Joe's time. I mean, I thought that before in that feud against AJ, but I think he's finally going to be a WWE Champion.

The two times when Samoa Joe should've become a world champion on the main roster.

Beating Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship at Great Balls of Fire 2017.

vs. AJ Styles in the series last year.

I'd like it to happen but I don't think it will. I'd like to be wrong.

If you want to become a world champion in WWE, the WWE Championship is the one you want to win with it's history and the great names who've worn it. The WWE Universal Championship is a world title but has little going for it.

I miss the World Heayyweight Championship from 2002-2013 because Big Gold the best looking wrestling championship ever.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I'm cracking up at the idea of Col. Barron Corbin. But instead of the cigar, being with the times he'll have a giant vape pen.

If they want to randomly bring back The Undertaker, they should just make him the GM of RAW. To solve disputes, he teleports in and chokeslams someone.  Seriously though this seemed like Vince throwing up a huge desperation hail mary. Undertaker/Drew could be a fun match. It would be fun if Taker said he was taking his yard back from Roman because Roman doesn't know how to manage the land.

All of this because Taker wanted to do some podcasts and comic con's like normal guys his age.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I can describe my favorite (and to be honest the only one I paid attention to) moment on RAW in one simple word

FIBER   ?

Also unless Seth is turning heel then he needs to shut up on Twitter.  I mean you really have to suck on Twitter to make Will Ospreay seem sympathetic

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

IIRC, the Miz dropped the US title to Bryan just before winning the WWE Championship.

Also:

Yeah, I like Joe, but I think people overrate his performances in these singles matches. The man hasn’t been the same since probably after he lost the TNA world belt. The last great singles performance might have been the NXT Championship match where he bled. That’s why I made the Wahoo comparison. In that he’s a name, but he can’t perform close to what his name means to the marquee. He’d be better off in a dominant tag team where he can spend most of the match taking a breather. Jericho, and Undertaker can be put on that list. Tanahashi is almost there as well.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I remember Joe saying a few years ago that he had only so many bumps left in his card. I love Joe, but he should ditch a lot of the high impact stuff he does. The Wahoo comparison is great. He had a long career out of just chopping the shit out of people. 

Also I just want to see the Indian death lock come back as a feared finisher.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I remember Joe saying a few years ago that he had only so many bumps left in his card. I love Joe, but he should ditch a lot of the high impact stuff he does. The Wahoo comparison is great. He had a long career out of just chopping the shit out of people. 

Also I just want to see the Indian death lock come back as a feared finisher.

Last time I remember the Indian death lock getting that treatment was through Triple H in 2002-2003 and bringing it back on Seth Rollins in '17.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Yeah, I like Joe, but I think people overrate his performances in these singles matches. The man hasn’t been the same since probably after he lost the TNA world belt. The last great singles performance might have been the NXT Championship match where he bled. That’s why I made the Wahoo comparison. In that he’s a name, but he can’t perform close to what his name means to the marquee. 

There's some truth in here. IIRC, that was the Sting match at Bound For Glory where Joe took that stupid fall on the stairs. I think even he's said his body wasn't the same after that one. He's had plenty of good matches since then, but it's been almost eleven years. Everyone slows down. Joe has his nights, but he's not hitting for as high an average as he used to. 

That said, presence and mic skills and reputation will carry someone pretty far. There are plenty of peak athletes in WWE today that don't scratch what Joe has in those qualities. So maybe Joe still deserves a shake. Though anyone who's holding out hope for a high-quality Joe title run will be woefully disappointed.  They've become addicted to their "Joe gets caught off guard, looks shocked, lays in a sore loser beat down" finishes. That ain't changing even if he does win the belt. That's their favourite beat to have him play. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reported attendance last night was 3500.  

I'm sure this is all being written off as tidal wake from the Saudi show being dropped in the middle of their plans, but damn.

10 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Seriously though this seemed like Vince throwing up a huge desperation hail mary. Undertaker/Drew could be a fun match. It would be fun if Taker said he was taking his yard back from Roman because Roman doesn't know how to manage the land.

You know damned well this is going to be Shane vs Taker, and I'm not even sure who will win it right now. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reported attendance last night was 3500.  

I'm sure this is all being written off as tidal wake from the Saudi show being dropped in the middle of their plans, but damn.

Is that all? And yet they seemed like one of the hottest, loudest crowds in a while. Not just for the Undertaker, but also the 24/7 stuff too.

7 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

IIRC, the Miz dropped the US title to Bryan just before winning the WWE Championship.

that was at least after Miz had the US title most of the year, Joe couldn't even get in a successful defense. If it was MITB like Miz, it'd be a little easier to accept going from losing to Ricochet, and losing to Rey just before that, to sudden WWE title challenger again. but I guess it's better than the previously advertised Kofi vs Owens vs Dolph match.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dana Brooke did one of the heat segments during the commercial breaks: 

No offense to Dana, but Mojo shattered his face months ago, and he’s got a years worth of material in the pipeline. Let’s see if you enough steam left in this after a week!