DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Corporate Ministry EXPLODES! - 6/24/2019

Dolfan in NYC

??? Samoa Joe will be fighting for the WWE Championship. ???  That is your main takeaway from tonight. 

Also, Undertaker should have been a little more careful about his investments. 

• Like 3

I have no interest in this mixed tag, but I am happy Becky is almost certainly main eventing another ppv.

The 8-man tag was fun, but kind of disappointing with how fast Bryan was out. 

Kofi vs. Joe should be a nice feud and match.

Taker was a nice surprise and that pop for him was massive. I would still rather not see him wrestle in his current state, and wish the stuff with Shane was done already.

Enjoyed the stuff with the other womwn. I like how they continue to build on the Alexa/Nikki relationship and it was good to see Naomi and Nattie actually doing something instead of wasting away int he background.

Enjoyed all of the 24/7 stuff though I actually would have liked them to have gone with Slater or EC3 as champ. Would have loved to have seen EC3 paying people off to leave him and the title alone or hiring bodyguards to protect him.

The lack of Bray was disappointing.

Good Brothers vs. Viking Raiders was nice while it lasted. I am curious where they plan to go with AJ constantly berating Anderson and Gallows. 

AJ/Ricochet had some nice moments.

Not a bad Raw.

I caught some of Raw while flipping between the Yankees game. I'm very disappointed in Erick Rowan for his shirt tonight. The shirt is for Soundgarden's 1994 European tour in support of Superunknown. However, the logo is the cover of their 1991 release, Badmotorfinger. A metal guy like Rowan should be aware of a mistake like that.

image 0

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Why was Charly such a twat to Styles?  She literally built him up as returning from injury, asked him how he was feeling, then said she had no time for his answer when he responded and asked him something totally different. That was weird. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peck said:

Why was Charly such a twat to Styles?  She literally built him up as returning from injury, asked him how he was feeling, then said she had no time for his answer when he responded and asked him something totally different. That was weird. 

Charly has been a bit of an asshole for a few months now. There were a few times Bayley had to hold Sasha back when interviewing them.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Charly has been a bit of an asshole for a few months now. There were a few times Bayley had to hold Sasha back when interviewing them.

I've definitely noticed that too. But the way she did it tonight was just strange. lol

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I finally feel like this is Samoa Joe's time. I mean, I thought that before in that feud against AJ, but I think he's finally going to be a WWE Champion.

I'd really like to agree with you but I can't help but notice Kofi is being paired with all the heels who are clearly never going to be top draws and are only used as fodder to get the faces over (Owens, Zayn, Ziggler.)  Joe absolutely fits in that category which is a shame because he can be the killer heel WWE is DESPERATE for.  Because McIntyre, Corbin, and Lashley sure as fuck haven't been it.

I think I've predicted this before.  Kofi stays champ until Brock murders him on the first FOX show.

• Like 3

Job clean to Ricochet ~> Become #1 Contender to the WWE Championship.

The past month I'd been thinking Kofi drops the title to Shane at SummerSlam then Roman kills Shane for the title on the Fox premiere.

Not a terrible show but Undertaker was by far the best part, great pop and a nice switch up for that feud. The new rule forcing shorter matches and having to come up with awkward creative ways to not wrestle during breaks like stopping AJ/Ricochet to "restart" it is already weird.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I caught some of Raw while flipping between the Yankees game. I'm very disappointed in Erick Rowan for his shirt tonight. The shirt is for Soundgarden's 1994 European tour in support of Superunknown. However, the logo is the cover of their 1991 release, Badmotorfinger. A metal guy like Rowan should be aware of a mistake like that.

image 0

Maybe it's worth more this way?