DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules XI - 7/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of kendo sticks

Here is Matt Hardy wailing on Pat McAfee with one

Big Show's said before how much those kendo sticks hurt. I remember Show's eyebrow getting busted in a Singapore Cane Match and how he twatted the other combatants as he was pissed off by it. One Night Stand 2008.

9 minutes ago, #BlueJustice said:

I mean, she's a nice Irish gal, is there any surprise she's getting potatoed?

?

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

When are they going to scrap the women's tag titles?   Over 3 months now and nothing...   

I am perfectly fine them not running the IIconics out there in front of that crowd in Philadelphia.

14 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

When are they going to scrap the women's tag titles?   Over 3 months now and nothing...   

Plus they did do the "yes we remembered the stip" segment on the last Smackdown.  So with any luck, they're defending at SummerSlam. 

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

D_fNReCXYAUvEed?format=jpg&name=small

D_fr_MhXUAAzhE2?format=jpg&name=small

Who ever saw this coming with The New Day? 

1) Kofi was always a good, steady mid-card guy — a really athletic good baby face who maybe felt a little less than he was because he didn’t have the flash a lot of other guys his build have, save for his Rumble saves gimmick (that was originally John Morrison’s, a flashy athletic guy). 

2) Xavier Woods was awful in NXT. I thought he was just the drizzling. 

3) Big E was cool in NXT but I thought he would end up as sort of a henchman-turned-face-turn-heel mid-card guy. They could not do the 5 gimmick with him on the big show, and as strong as he is, he is not that big compared to other dudes size-wise.

4) Their first incarnation was fun (the short-lived NOD stuff with Kofi wearing a hoodie) but it happened when the WWE was moving away from edgy in order for a family friendly program, and also I could see the WWE getting scared of a backlash from outside of wrestling since that version did touch on cultural/political issues, at least subtly when it aired.

5) The initial gospel deal was as DOA as something could get. It was really easy to see them just fading that out without any real connection, like the Foreign Legion thing or whatever they were called. 

Now? They are the greatest faction in WWE history. 

1) They found their creative voices as clueless, irritating nerds. But people caught on as to how good and entertaining they were and they’re perhaps the most relatable guys to a lot of the current fan base of Comion/gamer types.

3) Longest reigning tag champs where all three just clicked amazingly well. Kofi was an awesome veteran glue guy. Big E is a fantastic equalizer. And Woods somehow ended up as an all-time great underdog Ricky Morton type. I was at the Philly show anchored around them breaking the record and could not believe how much he got the crowd invested. Those guys are all legit great — and I think if anyone were to list the bar workers in the WWE, they would be completely underrated.

4) They stayed relevant for years. They are such key guys on the show. Need them to chew up 20 minutes of time with a low-key MOTYC with The Usos? Or need them to do some goofball comedy? Or have a faction vs. faction thing against The Wyatt’s or The Shield (and losing both)? Done.

And then Kofi ended up having one of the single best runs going into a WrestleMania (topped with an awesome match) and now Big E And Xavier have the tag straps. Are they the first faction to have all of those? Or did The Shield at one point in their last run?

Either way: They are one of the best acts the WWE has ever had.

• Like 7

Just now, Greggulator said:

2) Xavier Woods was awful in NXT. I thought he was just the drizzling. 

Did you ever see his other work as Consequences Creed/Austin Creed? 

Only reason I ask is because you have frequently stated that you aren't familiar with guys backgrounds when coming to NXT.

His NXT gimmick was good awful but for those who saw his TNA/NWA Anarchy/etc... could easily imagine him being a very good tag team wrestler with title runs

And Big E was a Cena guy so he was gonna always have chances others might not have had. In fact I could argue that New Day actually prevented him from being in the World Title picture. (I still remember when they teased the singles match between Big E and early days Roman Reigns)

• Like 1

Dave brought up a good point,  Becky is losing steam and she has nobody to face right now.  Both women's division need something,  they have Asuka & Kairi sitting around doing nothing,  Ember Moon I guess has a story with Mandy/Sonya but it ain't been going anywhere.  

• Like 2