DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules XI - 7/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Live from Philadelphia...  

LAST CHANCE, WINNER TAKE ALL MIXED TAG MATCH FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL AND RAW-WOMXN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth Rollins (c) / Becky Lynch (c) vs. Baron Corbin / Lacey Evans 

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Kofi Kingston (c) vs Samoa Joe

HANDICAP MATCH FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMXN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss / Nikki Cross

FOR THE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew Gulak (c) vs. Tony Nese

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The New Daniel Bryan/Rowan (c) vs. The New Day vs. Heavy Machinery

FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Revival (c) vs. The Usos

FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Ricochet (c) vs. AJ Styles

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH - Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley

NO HOLDS BARRED - Roman Reigns / The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon / Drew McIntyre

Aleister Black vs. Cesaro

-

*FOR THE WWE WOMXN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Iiconics (c) vs. The Kabuki Warriors

That's a decent looking card for hopefully a hot Philly crowd.  I wanted the Corbin/Evans duo to go away as challengers but the stip is fine for what it is.  

Undertaker got a monster pop,  that was a cool surprise.  I don't know what he has left,   Roman and McIntyre can carry what should be a brawl. 

I thought for sure before Stomping Ground that we would be getting Seth/Corbin in a chairs match for Extreme Rules, so that tag match is a pleasant surprise. 

Card looks fun so far. 

Joe/Kofi is official, so is Bayley/Bliss 2.

Also, we may get KO/Sami again assuming they don't make the SDL Tag Title into a 4 way, with them and Heavy Machinery added 

For a PPV called Extreme Rules, there's an awful lack of gimmick matches.

Also I'm pretty sure this is on the 14th, unless they're starting to run PPVs on Saturdays now.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Oh there's still time.  Prepare for lots of conveniently locations tables, chairs and ladders on next weeks shows. 

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Extreme Rules XI - 7/14/2019
10 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Add a CW Title match to the card Gulak vs. the Winner of Nese/Tozawa from last night's 205 Live. 

Drew is going to get a hero's welcome.  They may want to consider putting Gulak/Nese as the ppv opener rather than it's usual pre-match slot.

Also, WrestleVotes (who I don't know, but is followed by Bix) is saying that Aleister Black

Spoiler

will be working the PPV. He'll supposedly face Cesaro.

• Like 1

Black has worked Orton at three house shows over the last six weeks. I'd prefer that to the name mentioned in the spoiler box. Higher profile feud for Black signals good things.

WrestleVotes is garbage. I got burned for buying a couple of their more accurate predictions a couple months back, but they're 100% throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. 

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Also I'm pretty sure this is on the 14th, unless they're starting to run PPVs on Saturdays now.

I much preferred when Extreme Rules meant every match had a stip, at least then it stood out as something different from the other PPVs.

14 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think JTG might still be employed.

He was laid off, but nobody told him. Through a glitch in accounting, he still gets a paycheck. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh man, I'm the complete opposite. I hate gimmick matches for the sake of gimmick matches, or because it's that month.

Not counting things like Royal Rumble, MITB, or Elimination Chamber where it's a bunch of guys thrown in for a title shot or belt, but the ones that should be part of a story.

WCW doing it with War Games because "it's September" instead of "we've slowly laid out this interconnected set of feuds for months and this match has a ton of story'

Then WWE starting doing Hell in a Cell because it's October, a TLC because it's December, random gimmick matches because it's April*, etc.... I can't stand it. Give me a story that NEEDS a Cell match, goddammit

*They've actually moved Extreme Rules all over the place between April and July over the years, but I digress.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 5

The Kabuki Warriors beat the IIconics in Tokyo today so - in theory - that means they should get a title shot at the PPV

Of course - the WWE has to remember they even brought up that stip

*LAST CHANCE, WINNER TAKE ALL MIXED TAG MATCH FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL AND RAW-WOMXN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth Rollins (c) / Becky Lynch (c) vs. Baron Corbin / Lacey Evans 

*Last, last chance.

**We mean it this time.

***We're serious.

****Guys, we really, really mean last chance.

*****C'mon, we really mean it........

I just like how Becky/Seth vs. Lacey/Corbin is an extreme rules match...so there are no rules. BUT, The men have to fight the men and the women have to fight the women so in a match with no rules there is one rule.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 8:40 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Oh man, I'm the complete opposite. I hate gimmick matches for the sake of gimmick matches, or because it's that month.

Not counting things like Royal Rumble, MITB, or Elimination Chamber where it's a bunch of guys thrown in for a title shot or belt, but the ones that should be part of a story.

WCW doing it with War Games because "it's September" instead of "we've slowly laid out this interconnected set of feuds for months and this match has a ton of story'

Then WWE starting doing Hell in a Cell because it's October, a TLC because it's December, random gimmick matches because it's April*, etc.... I can't stand it. Give me a story that NEEDS a Cell match, goddammit

*They've actually moved Extreme Rules all over the place between April and July over the years, but I digress.

Hell in a Cell is the biggest casualty. That match was only used for the hottest feud and you only got one or two a year before the Hell in a Cell PPV arrived.

18 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I just like how Becky/Seth vs. Lacey/Corbin is an extreme rules match...so there are no rules. BUT, The men have to fight the men and the women have to fight the women so in a match with no rules there is one rule.

maybe that can go out the window too since Raw had Becky tapping out Mike.

6 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

maybe that can go out the window too since Raw had Becky tapping out Mike.

I think Corbin would get some nuclear heat if he hit a flash End of Days (he's pretty good at doing them with no set up) on Becky and pinned her to win the title. I assume if he were to pin her, he would still win the Universal championship.

Seriously though, this match needs to be a chaotic brawl from start to finish. That's all I want.

• Like 1