DVDVR Message Board

Get drunk and post themes

On 2/20/2020 at 3:49 AM, BloodyChamp said:

I’m looking for another theme out of this mold. It was an 80s sounding guitar driven theme that somehow got played all over the place in the 90s, not just WCW. The only thing I can name it being used for though was Mike Awesome’s first WCW theme. It was WCWSN jobber music before then and promo music a time or 2, and I heard it here and there out in the world. I’m positive it was Mike’s first WCW theme for a few weeks.

You're not talking about the one that was also used by Mongo, Hak, and Bam Bam right?

I remember one of Lex Luger's themes being used for highlights on Baseball Tonight and Sportscenter, which shocked me because I didn't know most of WCW's themes in the mid-90s were stock music. I think this was the one.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 11:51 PM, Peck said:

I remember one of Lex Luger's themes being used for highlights on Baseball Tonight and Sportscenter, which shocked me because I didn't know most of WCW's themes in the mid-90s were stock music. I think this was the one.

This has made some rounds. It’s the menu music on a Poison (the band) DVD I have lol!

It should be the 4-17-00 Nitro for the Mike Awesome theme. Of course knowing WCW and my luck, for all I know Mike Awesome could have been like Saturn. They had him rushed in so fast they didn’t have time for theme music until week 4 or so lol! In other words, no theme music at first.

Edited by BloodyChamp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watched Luger/Flair from Wrestle War '90. Lex was at his peak right there. Fantastic theme and Luger's had several great ones. The Narcissist theme was perfect for his shtick and his stock music for his second WCW run was spot on for a white meat babyface. His WWF babyface music was okay but nothing special.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:51 PM, Peck said:

Earlier in the thread someone I believe put up the fucking awesome AJPW cover of this maybe it might've been me but I'm pretty sure I put up the AJPW Bossman Hard Times in response but regardless if you like this go find the AJPW one it's called Slammer I think

16 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Just watched Luger/Flair from Wrestle War '90. Lex was at his peak right there. Fantastic theme and Luger's had several great ones. The Narcissist theme was perfect for his shtick and his stock music for his second WCW run was spot on for a white meat babyface. His WWF babyface music was okay but nothing special.

All Luger babyface themes are historically pure butt except the one @Peck posted, the AJPW cover of that one that I was just talking about, and the wolfpac theme if you wanna count it, which I think we should because it was really like the last of that dudes peak

Look sometimes people have manic 'sodes, they have a few to calm the fuck down, and they post too much ok? I SAID I WAS DRUNK IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR

Curt's song is public domain right? Wherever this dude ends up I don't care if it's impact all elite overseas my high schools gym just please pay someone to do this song

Remember that story about Harvey whippleman ratting out a tiny indy for using Sid's music I still think about that sometimes

I’ve seen many old WCW snippets used in sports highlights over the years. I say snippets because while some of them were themes, most of them were fade in/out music, commercial music, etc from WCW TV. Obviously that stuff probably went better as background music over announcers than the Big Bossman Theme lol!

Luger was just as good as everybody else once he learned, which was pretty quick. I saw a match against Kareem Mohammad in FL where he was working his butt off and the crowd was nuts. I also saw him look about as bad as Sting and the Warrior at first so obviously he was good as time went on as far back as FL. I don’t think I ever saw Lex look bad in WCW in the early days.

He carried Brian Pillman more than Pillman carried him. (runs)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Time to eat some 'shrooms and blast Monster Magnet.

I actually had a real bad trip the one time I did 'shrooms.

Apologies for bumping something from a year ago, but this theme brings back a great memory for me.  My brother and I were in a grocery store and they had a young guy in the produce department who had the Matt Hardy look: same hairstyle, black jeans, etc. etc.  and my brother spent the car ride home coming up with alternate lyrics to this song for the Matt Hardy, Produce Worker.  All I can remember is "I can stack some tomatoes..." though

• Haha 1