DVDVR Message Board

Get drunk and post themes

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's a real good one. One of the few good AEW themes. Outside of Moxley, Jericho, YB and Hangman all of their themes are trash. With Emi Sakura's being just the 100% absolute worst

I know he's not very beloved around these parts, but I love Jimmy Havoc's theme. I'm a fan of MJF's as well.

...and how could I forget Cody's?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know he's not very beloved around these parts, but I love Jimmy Havoc's theme. I'm a fan of MJF's as well.

...and how could I forget Cody's?

Haaaard disagree on MJF's but good call on Havoc. Cody's theme is interesting because I don't really dig it as a song at all, but it's really great for a wrestling theme. On the one hand, it sounds like the kind of WWE brand butt rock that Dolph or Miz come out to, but on the other, that's sort of the thing that makes it sound major league if that makes sense

• Like 1

AEW should get the Butcher's band, Everytime I Die to do themes for them.

...and because I'm such a mark for "The Butcher" Andy Williams, I'm probably going to buy a monocle

Reading the lyrics to Cody's theme, I would love to do drunk karaoke to it. A DVDVR drunk karaoke seems like it would be a hell of a good time.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

On 1/31/2020 at 9:42 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Cody's theme is interesting because I don't really dig it as a song at all, but it's really great for a wrestling theme. On the one hand, it sounds like the kind of WWE brand butt rock that Dolph or Miz come out to

Funny you should say that. The song is by Downstait, a band which has produced it's fair share of WWE butt rock. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 10:48 PM, Mike Campbell said:

Because I'm still pissed off that none of Fit Finlay's UWF matches seem to have made it on tape, even the handhelds that Jeff Lynch has available are Finlay-less ?

I’m looking for another theme out of this mold. It was an 80s sounding guitar driven theme that somehow got played all over the place in the 90s, not just WCW. The only thing I can name it being used for though was Mike Awesome’s first WCW theme. It was WCWSN jobber music before then and promo music a time or 2, and I heard it here and there out in the world. I’m positive it was Mike’s first WCW theme for a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...