DVDVR Message Board

Get drunk and post themes

I find the orchestral versions are hit or miss.  I kind of like what he did with it though agree about the singalong.

Now this isn't technically a theme but I do ask to check the chorus.  The guitar sounds so familiar that I dare ask if Jim Johnson used at least that sound for the Owen Hart/High Energy theme.  Unless proven otherwise I strongly believe it to be true.

Also it's a pretty neat cover of Funkytown though I like both versions.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Thanks 1

Okay, if we're going down the AJ theme rabbit hole then while I know this is an actual song I thought it worked very well for that version of AJ in TNA.  I know it's been used for show commercials through the years but I'll always associate the song with him.

• Like 1

For some reason Baba thought Ric Flair looked like a woman drawn by Leijii Matsumoto or something, because otherwise I can't imagine why he had Ricc come out the theme from Galaxy Express 999

James

Edited by J.H.

I searched Spotify for some new workout stuff and added Roman's new theme and from AEW Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela's "Just Drive" , Kenny Omega's "Battle Cry" and Jake Robert's theme. Speaking of Jake's theme, there must have been some pressure when making this theme, since pretty much every one of his better known themes has been pretty much a classic. I think there was a one hook in there that was a bit of a tribute to his original WWF theme! Plus heavier guitars which is always a bonus!

On 8/25/2021 at 6:19 AM, J.H. said:

For some reason Baba thought Ric Flair looked like a woman drawn by Leijii Matsumoto or something, because otherwise I can't imagine why he had Ricc come out the theme from Galaxy Express 999

James

Wasn't the Galaxy Express the NWA Champion's Theme? Always thought Harley used it aswell... 

2 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Wasn't the Galaxy Express the NWA Champion's Theme? Always thought Harley used it aswell... 

Harley definitely used it, I can't speak for any other NWA champions. I can't imagine Dusty or either Funk using it but you never know.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, Shartnado said:

I searched Spotify for some new workout stuff and added Roman's new theme and from AEW Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela's "Just Drive" , Kenny Omega's "Battle Cry" and Jake Robert's theme. Speaking of Jake's theme, there must have been some pressure when making this theme, since pretty much every one of his better known themes has been pretty much a classic. I think there was a one hook in there that was a bit of a tribute to his original WWF theme! Plus heavier guitars which is always a bonus!

If we're talking AEW themes for working out then might be worth checking Butcher and the Blade's theme.  As it goes on it sounds like a proper metal tune that may or may not need vocals on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coles theme is delightfully close to being a Jimmy Hart-ized version of the UE theme and I'm living for it. Maybe a little more RATM-like than the original, which I am digging.

Danielson's has potential, but I think it's one of those themes that will get real good on like, the third remix.

• Like 2

It's already grown on me after a few listens.  I gotta give it to BD, for how he presents himself he's not afraid to go the wacky theme route.  From "Final Countdown" to "Flight of the Valkryies" (plus the remix) and now this he knows how to have something stand out from other themes at the time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's already grown on me after a few listens.  I gotta give it to BD, for how he presents himself he's not afraid to go the wacky theme route.  From "Final Countdown" to "Flight of the Valkryies" (plus the remix) and now this he knows how to have something stand out from other themes at the time.

Speaking of which: the BALLS on Europe, man. I saw reports they wanted $50K per play for The Final Countdown. In 2021!!