DVDVR Message Board

Get drunk and post themes

On 2/20/2020 at 3:49 AM, BloodyChamp said:

I’m looking for another theme out of this mold. It was an 80s sounding guitar driven theme that somehow got played all over the place in the 90s, not just WCW. The only thing I can name it being used for though was Mike Awesome’s first WCW theme. It was WCWSN jobber music before then and promo music a time or 2, and I heard it here and there out in the world. I’m positive it was Mike’s first WCW theme for a few weeks.

Not very good quality but atleast we have it to go by now. Does anybody know it’s name or something else it was used for?

• Like 1

in terms of "cool theme music" vs "position on the card" I'm not sure anyone ever punched further above their weight class than Jim Powers

"wait, not only does this jobber get music but music with LYRICS?

"this song is such a banger, why are they wasting it on this guy?"

"oh I get it they're trying to do that 1-2-3 Kid thing where just when you're used to him being a loser he's gonna go on a huge win streak out of nowhere."

"wonder when they're gonna finally start that."

but they never did.  they never did.

• Haha 1

There were 20 or so WCW stock music themes that were as cool, including 1 that was for the jobber of all jobbers.

Now obviously I respect El Dandy but that’s what he was to WCW like it or not. He was mocked by heel and face commentators who never agreed on anything else, and didn’t even get the sympathy that the good ole jobbers like George South and Buddy Lee Parker got.

• Like 1

WCW stock music themes were awesome in spite of the fact that theme music was 1 of the things WCW always lacked. Makes no sense right...well it was just like anything else. The resource they had didn’t suck, what they did with it sucked. 

Take Brad Armstrong’s theme. It was also Scott and Steve’s theme, even though they were never an official stable. That still wouldn’t have been a big overlooked deal but then they never won anything. So it was basically these 3 brothers who never win’s theme. I liked the theme and I liked the Armstrongs but that was just such a WCW thing lol!

Then they would get the themes mixed up, play a different one after that match, etc. WCW 4 Life lol!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

WCW shamelessly jocking DMX's "Party Up" for Elix Skipper's entrance theme is easily my favorite "wrestling theme that is a shameless knockoff of an actual song" and nothing else comes close. 

Wow, that IS pretty shameless! I've never heard this one before! Ay-o, DMX!

• 4 weeks later...

If I may widen the goal posts a wee bit, I have a similar to rasslin themes soft spot for commercials that came on local and syndicated TV. That obviously included our beloved wrestling show lol!

The closest thing left to these are The General commercials with Shaq.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I mean if you can't get "For whom the bells tolls" then generic rock with bells I guess is fine.  Though seeing "I walk alone" my first thought was "Wait, did somebody really use Batista's theme for Nick F'n Gage?"  I'm honestly a tad disappointed that wasn't true.

On 3/19/2021 at 10:53 PM, BloodyChamp said:

There were 20 or so WCW stock music themes that were as cool, including 1 that was for the jobber of all jobbers.

Now obviously I respect El Dandy but that’s what he was to WCW like it or not. He was mocked by heel and face commentators who never agreed on anything else, and didn’t even get the sympathy that the good ole jobbers like George South and Buddy Lee Parker got.

I don't know why, but I'd love to hear Henry Rollins screaming over El Dandy's theme.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The part where he put his hands behind his head, popped that flex and made that face cracked me up. 

When you think about it, WCW had some of the best/most insufferable tool heels. Alex, Disco, the Cat, all of the NWO...

Buff Bagwell may have been the king of tool heels.

I guess you could say Bagwell was the Maynard James Keenan of Tool heels.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1