DVDVR Message Board

Movies You Have To See Some Of Whenever On TV

Curt McGirt

Yeah, Blues Brothers was another I would never turn off mainly because I didn't own it. It's probably my one favorite movie that I don't own and I don't know why. I STILL don't own it. Amazon is right there so maybe I should just order it now...

In any event, if Blues Brothers was on WGN or TBS, it wasn't getting turned off.

• Like 1

I don't catch it on TV so much anymore, but if Ronin is on I will always check to see if it's close to a car chase or shootout.

When it's that time of year I'll always watch a little of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

• Like 3

One of the reasons I haven't "cut the cord" yet is due to my love of flipping through the channels and jumping into a movie I've seen numerous times. A few weeks ago North Shore was on HDNet Movies, I haven't seen that movie in 20some years but I jumped right in the same way I did in the late 80's when HBO showed it every other afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 12:24 PM, John Austin said:

For me its Con Air. Just about at any point in the movie if i catch it on TV I'll watch,  i just love the over the top performances, just a fun dumb movie that I've always enjoyed 

Plus whatever the Hell Cage's accent is suppose to be. 

• Like 1

Tombstone, Blues Brothers, and Remember the Titans.  I own all three of them but still, any time I'm flipping through channels and come across one of them, I'm finishing it.  My wife knows it too, if we're looking for something to watch and she sees Remember the Titans come on screen she just gets up and goes to the other room to watch something else.

Now that Serenity is on heavy rotation on Showtime, I've noticed that I always watch the first ten minutes up until the Operative cripples the asshole doctor and then I flip channels again or start playing Destiny 2.

God, I love his dialogue.

"Secrets are not my concern.  Keeping them, is."

What's funny is that I've named a couple of movies where I only watch the beginning and then tune out the rest..

Man On Fire is the opposite.   I watch everything up until Denzel blows up the police chief with the C4 suppository and then I can't watch the ending because I hate how the story just has him give himself up to the bad guys. 

Creasy deserved to go out better than that.

I wish that The Mark Has Been Made by NIN played every time I walked into a room.

Edited by J.T.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:47 AM, Meltzing Pot said:

As Cage goes, add Face/Off to the list for me. 

After seeing that movie I said "I can eat a Peach for Hours," a lot until a middle school teacher wrote me up then gave me detention then I ask why and my middle school sex education got added too. 

• Haha 4

On 7/12/2019 at 3:11 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Watched Tombstone again last night.  Picked up from the point where Billy Bob is acting up at the table.  "Damn right you're scared.." 

Christ almighty, it’s like I’m sittin’ here playin’ cards with my brothers kids or somethin’! Nerve-wrackin’ sons of bitches!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For me it tends to be A Few Good Men if it's getting close to the courtroom scene. Pulp Fiction also always gets at least ten minutes out of me as well.

I'm sure there's plenty more, but those are the first two that popped in my mind.