DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Spanish media reporting Keylor Navas to PSG and Alphonse Areola to Madrid on loan as a backup keeper for Thibaut Courtois and Andriy Lunin then transitioning to backup keeper for Madrid once the loan deal is over. Terrible move. Courtois is the bigger name keeper, but Keylor is far better.

7 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Spanish media reporting Keylor Navas to PSG and Alphonse Areola to Madrid on loan as a backup keeper for Thibaut Courtois and Andriy Lunin then transitioning to backup keeper for Madrid once the loan deal is over. Terrible move. Courtois is the bigger name keeper, but Keylor is far better.

I was going to post the pictures from the Calderon today, but did not want it to be seen as trolling. ?

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I was going to post the pictures from the Calderon today, but did not want it to be seen as trolling. ?

That was chaos until everyone heard the club was getting 180 M€ for selling the lot.

And that endless Neymar is going to Barcelona talk. I know you follow TSFP, so I'm sure you've seen how every cover from the past 3 weeks has been the same.

Edited by Edwin

54 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Atalanta is the new hipster Seria A team to support. A friend won't shut the fuck up about them.

Best thing about the Atalanta hype:

Most interesting thing about the CL draw was Eric Cantona. The dude rambled about flies, goats, wars and eternity. It was great.

I'm a couple of days late but one of the things which stood out about the shitty Bury/Bolton situations was noted shitbird Jim White on Sky Sports News standing in front of a countdown to their possible demise as he was positively orgasmic over bringing us the shite news of two noted historic football clubs possibly going out of business and a bunch of dudes losing their jobs. 

It was short sighted at best and downright cuntish at worst. 

I hate stories like that, they're more than just football clubs, they're intrinsically linked to the local community and that.

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 2

Luis Enrique’s 9 year old daughter passed away. Her cancer fight was presumably bathe reason for his leave of absence and resignation as Spain national team coach. 

Edited by odessasteps
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I'm a couple of days late but one of the things which stood out about the shitty Bury/Bolton situations was noted shitbird Jim White on Sky Sports News standing in front of a countdown to their possible demise as he was positively orgasmic over bringing us the shite news of two noted historic football clubs possibly going out of business and a bunch of dudes losing their jobs. 

It was short sighted at best and downright cuntish at worst. 

I hate stories like that, they're more than just football clubs, they're intrinsically linked to the local community and that.

So well said. Fucking awful thing to do.

Something interesting from the Europa League draw.

Celtic will have a rematch with  the team that knocked em out of the Champions League (the Romanian team Cluj). Probably pretty unusual to meet the same squad in both european titles

(now we just need them to both qualify and make the final, so they can play each other 5 times in a single season)

41 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Something interesting from the Europa League draw.

Celtic will have a rematch with  the team that knocked em out of the Champions League (the Romanian team Cluj). Probably pretty unusual to meet the same squad in both european titles

(now we just need them to both qualify and make the final, so they can play each other 5 times in a single season)

That's about how many times it seems Celtic and Rangers play each other every year again. 

Barcelona drew with Osasuna in Pamplona. The 16 year old who made his first team debut last week, Ansu scored his club goal. Griezmann was getting no service and of course was non existent today. Valverde needs to realize Griezmann isn't a 9.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Break up the Swans. 

From all accounts, they stole the game at Leeds today with a last minute goal from Wayne Routledge. 

The Swans' form to start the season has been very impressive and I am pleasantly surprised. 

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

As I jokingly tweeted to superfan Elis James, imagine if they still had Dan James. 

That's even more the reason the Swans' start has been unexpected. Losing Dan James and Oli McBurnie left me wondering where the goals would come from this season.

Edit: this is also the first time Swansea has won away to Leeds in 70 YEARS! That's like two Notre Dame/Navy winning streaks@!

Edited by cubbymark

Guest The Magnificent 7

I missed the match live as I went camping, but with 3 out of 4 defenders (then also  Bitton, the vet playing in defense and not in midfield his first choice position) making their derby debut at their midden you have to say it was a dominant performance and the gap is still wide.

Pleased for Johnny Hayes as he’s one of those workmanlike players who will never be first choice for the side, but works hard and is always busting a gut when he gets his chance. 

That red card tackle at the end sums that mob up. Cheats who end up hurting themselves trying to equal the good guys. 

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is off to Roma, season long loan with option to buy. So, was the deal when Man U swapped him for Alexis Sanchez the worst transfer (for both sides) ever?

• Like 1