DVDVR Message Board

NJPW G1 2019

Archibald

5 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

What about a Naito/Jay DCO?

Draw, DDQ, DCOR... think they're all the same result (1 point each).  Which would put them at 11 points, unless DCOR/DDQ is treated as a loss for both men, so Yano wouldn't be able to catch them. Bah.

The top four guys have 10 points, Yano(and Ishii) have 8. Naito is facing White so either one wins and moves to 12 or they draw and both end up with 11. Yano/Ishii winning puts them at 10, so they're both eliminated.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Draw, DDQ, DCOR... think they're all the same result (1 point each).  Which would put them at 11 points, unless DCOR/DDQ is treated as a loss for both men, so Yano wouldn't be able to catch them. Bah.

DCOR is treated like a loss for both men

Draws are.  Double count outs aren't.  But this is what Kevin Kelly has been saying so he might have fucked it up.

EDIT:  Apparently it's been that way since 2004, which is the only time they did that finish.

Edited by Tromatagon

30 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I swear I cannot keep up with or understand these rules

Anyway, what's been pissing me off about Red Shoes THIS time is him following the wrestlers into the crowd instead of counting them out. C'mon dude, do your job. 

No I understand why he does it, and more NJPW referees should do the same, especially with so much riding on the results of the tournament. Red Shoes doesn't want to see any of the matches end in countout any more than the rest of us, so he'll swallow his whistle a bit.

But he's biased against Bullet Club,  so FUCK EM! *Bad Luck Fale voice* 

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Draws are.  Double count outs aren't.  But this is what Kevin Kelly has been saying so he might have fucked it up.

EDIT:  Apparently it's been that way since 2004, which is the only time they did that finish.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. So I suppose Yano does have an outside shot at winning the block. Unsure about Ishii though.

The idea of him not counting when they got in the crowd was explained well enough. He's looking out for the welfare of the wrestlers and the fans and trying to get them into the ring instead of wasting his time. Also, brawling around Korakuen and other places is a built-in feature of Japan.

I'm just getting tired of it. It seems like it happens in every match I've chosen to watch so far. Maybe that's my problem in the ones I've picked (at least from B block as I get to see all the AXS A block stuff) 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Please guys, when Monday hits, keep the G1 Finals results to this thread, at least until 8 PM EST. I’m going to try to watch this spoiler free as soon as I wake up Monday, or at least sneak it into my drive when I go from work order, to work order. I don’t want to stumble on a spoiler in the pictures, or gif thread. I’m bringing this up now because I noticed the show starts at 2 AM PST. So there is no way I can watch this live, unless I want to tempt falling asleep behind the wheel.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Stop watching matches with Moxley and other brawlers. I guarantee Mr. Sabre won't go into the crowd! Oh, wait.

It's hilarious how his version of 'brawling' is exactly the same human pretzel shit but just happens to be outside the ring, especially funny in contrast to Suzuki chucking barriers and chairs and punching out Young Lions.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

All the snowflakes

Dave definitely has a type, doesn't he. Still, can't fault him for loving some Shingo. Some of those lariats in the Ishii match, yikes.

Jay seemed to really click for me around the time he got some facial hair. Not to say one is linked to the other.

And Taichi's two battles of dastardly tactics against White and Yano is the most I've enjoyed him for ages. 

I feel like the second to last night of vacation when you know you're going back to normal boring life soon. Oh well, it's been great keeping up with the tournament in mostly real time. 

• Like 2

I've always thought there's no way in hell Ishii is 220 lb as he's been listed forever and it's fairly obvious Shingo is borderline heavyweight legit if not over the limit.

I am reminded of when NOAH had Magnitude Kishiwada in as a challenger as a junior and they listed his weight at 99.5 kg when everywhere listed him at 105 kg and he looked exactly the same. He was all of 105 and more.

Edited by Ryan