DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Chair-ity - 6/17/2019

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, just drew said:

On what planet is Seth Rollins “edgy?”

If you were an angst ridden emo teen who cut themselves and wrote bad poetry during the Age of the Fall run, Tyler Black would be very edgy.

He's a better sidekick than main guy. He was better as a Jimmy Jacobs follower and the second fiddle of the Shield behind Ambrose/Moxley before he suddenly became the architect of the Shield.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Kofi Kingston is the strongest babyface in the company and has been since WM. Roman is still dealing with Shane/Drew/Revival. Stop with the idea that only Roman gets good booking just because you still wish he was off TV.

I don't care about "booking" or whatever, I just don't like Roman Reigns and want him off my TV. I'd never not admit to this, and I really don't care about the motives behind booking or whatever. I think he's a shitty character that I don't like on this TV show I've been watching on and off for like 25 years. I fast forward the guy and don't give him a chance after getting bored with him for a few years. Not everything is some Internet wrestling argument, I just got really sick of the guy and think his whole schtick is corny and wish Big Dog Sportswear would pull a World Wildlife Fund and get his hideous merch banned.

Kofi is booked strong, and I'm loving the run, but it's still "wily veteran underdog feel good" story. That's great, butI want at least one babyface that I enjoy watching to dominate people and still come out on top. As Craig mentioned in that first post, Strowman was perfect for this. But the Rollins hate here has always been pretty bizarro - I think it started around the time HHH/Steph sabotaged his overly-long title run - and I like the guy enough to enjoy him in this role.

Also I'm currently watching SD and it was really hard to keep admitting to myself that I'm enjoying the Kofi run after that Dolph promo that was on while I was typing, but it's still great.

Edited by bink_winkleman

I said all of five words about Roman - and not sure I've posted about him otherwise in months - and got jumped on by you for being insincere about why I don't like the guy. Then I clarified. So anyway, know you are but what am I, I guess.

I wasn't really commenting on any individual "hate" for Rollins, but just noting, like others, that this place has been abnormally anti-Rollins for a while. I think what he's doing at the moment is really working for him, and Smackdown really confirmed that for me just now.

Am still hating that I finally like everybody with the top beltsbut other than Alexa, they're all stuck with such garbage contenders. 

Edited by bink_winkleman
he hurt me

And I pointed out how your concept of how him being the only top-booked face was wrong, that Kofi has rightfully gotten the main event booking of a passionate baby face. You then went on to write paragraphs about how and why you hate him.

I sure as heck didn't call you insincere. And that wasn't remotely close to me jumping on anyone.

If you can wail on Roman, what gives Rollins a pass for you?

I guess, indeed.