DVDVR Message Board

ALL-ENCOMPASSING T-SHIRT AND MERCHANDISE THREAD

MORELOCK

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The Sheamus and Lynch shirts should sell quite well.  The Sheamus one in particular works in a non-wrestling way, and I'm going to see if my Irish friend wants in on that.

Yeah - I am pretty sure the back will have a ridiculous wrestling phrase so you might wanna slow your roll on that

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I am pretty sure the back will have a ridiculous wrestling phrase so you might wanna slow your roll on that

With the cooler weather we're going to wear a hoodie so the back will mean pretty much nothing to us.  I definitely get what you mean though, if it was warmer weather I wouldn't be as inclined to consider it.

She looks great in her merch shirt. The shirt conveys the message that she is not a show off. She is a serious wrestler. It's a good contrast to Nikki and Bliss.

Becky having good matches in a T shirt gives an impression of empowerment with a Rhona Rousey vibe. We've come a long way from Maxine wrestling in bedroom attire.

On 2/16/2017 at 9:02 PM, Ace said:

Capitalize on the Kardashian zeitgeist.

That actually did happen as the WWE immediately put out an nWo Wolfpac shirt as a response. Not the cool one with the Steve Stanley wolf art, just the red logo variant. Also related, something from eBay:

tumblr_olnbxpYkXJ1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

When I started bidding on this, it was at $5.99. After putting it on Twitter, it spread like wildfire and is now hovering at $154. One hour left!!

All they did was take an existing wolf plush and add an NWO shirt to it. That's lazy.

The WCW hot wheels type cars were awesome tho, with wrestlers like Dean Malenko and La Parka getting a cool little car with their faces painted on the hoods.

On 2/19/2017 at 7:44 PM, Matt788 said:

She looks great in her merch shirt. The shirt conveys the message that she is not a show off. She is a serious wrestler. It's a good contrast to Nikki and Bliss.

Becky having good matches in a T shirt gives an impression of empowerment with a Rhona Rousey vibe. We've come a long way from Maxine wrestling in bedroom attire.

That is why CZW guys wrestle in shirts too. 

• Like 3

On 2/13/2017 at 2:37 PM, Ligerbusa said:

Why does Luger have black boots? :|

He wore black boots for parts of 96. Definitely at Bash At The Beach that year.

I can't think of anytime Savage was not entertaining. He made the most of his TV time when Nash was booking and was not afraid to be hated. 

He was a heel and the same type of heel he always was. It was visceral and grabbed you by the throat. If he had a good face to play off, it would have worked. 1999 WCW had a lot of problems, but Savage was not one of them. 

Actually I think 1999 WCW had three problems. 
1. Whoever was hiring management at Turner.
2. Bischoff
3. Kevin Nash.

But those were big problems.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:17 PM, Victator said:

He wore black boots for parts of 96. Definitely at Bash At The Beach that year.

I can't think of anytime Savage was not entertaining. He made the most of his TV time when Nash was booking and was not afraid to be hated. 

Nah, he wore white boots at Bash 96.

lexbatb.jpg

• Like 2