DVDVR Message Board

ALL-ENCOMPASSING T-SHIRT AND MERCHANDISE THREAD

MORELOCK

I'd buy the Hideo shirt as I can see it being a limited edition when people realize they're using the Imperial Rising Sun logo.

They released a shirt saying "Lass Kicker" and people are as concerned about that background? 

The men's version of that shirt has officially soared to the lead of "shirts you couldn't even remotely think of getting away with wearing in public- even by wrestling shirt standards"- you're off the hook, Samuel Shaw's "Creepy Bastard" shirt!

I'd buy the Hideo shirt as I can see it being a limited edition when people realize they're using the Imperial Rising Sun logo.

They released a shirt saying "Lass Kicker" and people are as concerned about that background? 

The men's version of that shirt has officially soared to the lead of "shirts you couldn't even remotely think of getting away with wearing in public- even by wrestling shirt standards"- you're off the hook, Samuel Shaw's "Creepy Bastard" shirt!

The thing with the background is, it's offensive to a lot of Asian cultures. It would be like if they promoted Jack Swagger, Real American and used the Confederate Flag instead of the American flag. So yes, the Imperial logo is way more offensive than a pun about being a woman who beats up other women and an ass kicker

And to follow-up on that, a quick search shows why that should never be used.  Had no idea about this, so good to know.  And yeah, that means none of these shirts will be in my collection.  Oh, well.

One article on why the Hideo shirt is not a good idea (really hope they fix that in a future shirt)

http://thewandereronline.com/why-one-should-never-use-the-japanese-rising-sun-flag-by-dongwoo-kim/

• Like 1

The thing with the background is, it's offensive to a lot of Asian cultures. It would be like if they promoted Jack Swagger, Real American and used the Confederate Flag instead of the American flag. So yes, the Imperial logo is way more offensive than a pun about being a woman who beats up other women and an ass kicker

I bet that would actually sell way more than any merch Swagger ever had.

Just saying.

• Like 1

Kikuchi had it on his tights in AJPW.

Did the Real Americans ever have any Dont Tread on Me style merch?

Nothing outright, but some promo videos with Swagger & Zeb had them standing infront of the "Don't Tread on Me" flag with the snake.

0222-wwe-glenn-beck-1.jpg

I think the closest you'll get, merch wise, is probably this:

jackswagger-people-wwetshirt.jpg

I was in the grocery store today and i had a guy recognize my Hechicero t-shirt. He pointed at it, said "rudo!" And gave me a thumbs up.

(There is a sizable Mexican/Hispanic population in the area that works in the mushroom business, so there are usually a number of Latin folks in the store when i go shopping.)

• Like 2

paome_d47ad9e0-12f7-0132-a215-4e316f1fb3

If the tree were placed lower then it'd look like giant Rock was coming out the ocean and leaning on it.

Just like Aphrodite and Godzilla, mother fuckers.

Had to buy this shirt when I attended my first ever wrestling event in April this year:

W08985.jpg

I also bought an "I Was There 2015" shirt with WWE Superstars/Divas on the front and on the back the dates on the tour.

• Like 1