DVDVR Message Board

ALL-ENCOMPASSING T-SHIRT AND MERCHANDISE THREAD

MORELOCK

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Couple things:

-That Cena mask is terrifying, but I see it as a blank canvas for awesome Halloween ideas.  The mask itself would work, but imagine putting blood or whatever ghoulish effects to make it awesome.    Done right that would be awesome.

-Not gonna lie, I wore a good amount of Big Dog shirts when I was a teenager.  We'd go to Ocean City, check the nearby outlet that had their store and I couldn't help but get a shirt.  Thankfully I don't have them anymore, but at the time they were fine.

LOL Ocean City is probably the only pace I've ever seen Big Dog shirts

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

LOL Ocean City is probably the only pace I've ever seen Big Dog shirts

Yep, and they're still at it.  I'll admit to being a sucker for the parody shirts riffing shows and movies, and they're still doing that.  The political shirts surely indicate what the owner's political stance is.  Which is oddly different than what I was expecting considering who would wear the shirts now.

But on a wrestling note they did have one for Stone Cold in the late 90s that I had to have.  The name?  You guess it, Bone Cold Steve Paustin!  And it's been SO long ago that even trying a Google search only brings up images of Stone Cold.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Peck said:

In all seriousness, what would you even design for him?  Does he have a trademarked nickname yet or anything?  I'm drawing blanks on what his merchandise would even look like.

For those that don't solely rely on their phone alarm, the Braun Strowman alarm clock. When the alarm rings, it screams Brauuuunnnn!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For those that don't solely rely on their phone alarm, the Braun Strowman alarm clock. When the alarm rings, it screams Brauuuunnnn!

Dude, I'd so get that in a heartbeat.  If The Rock has an alarm app that had tons of downloads surely WWE could do something similar.  For crying out loud, TNA put out an app for Eli Drake with his catchphrase, surely WWE can do much better.   Until then I'm just using Zedge which has a bunch of WWE ringtones (sadly no Braun)

• Like 2

WWE is doing a 40% clearance on most of their shirts (basically anything from like more than a month old). There is also a sale on the sweatshirts and belts

They are tying into a "Elimination Chamber" theme

• Like 1

Knowing there's a 40% sale and a new Bayley shirt I want has me like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

I posted it as a link instead of the video because the screencap is horrifying.  But this'll be me until I either A. Get it or B. Hold off knowing there's another awesome sale on the horizon.  Decions, decisions...

On 2/9/2017 at 3:46 PM, Mike Zeidler said:

Those are JAZZ horns, dammit.

Canadian Jazz horns!

I just played this, three kids - age 4, 6 and 8 - charged me, screaming, "ARE YOU WATCHING JOHN CENA??!?!"

• Like 5

Sorry about that, I have gangs of children around the world harass people about John Cena, they usually steal stuff, but apparently they didn't succeed. Well played.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

The way that bandana awkwardly sits on his head and the lopsided facepaint, it looks like Savage has been huffing paint out in an alleyway whilst protecting his hobo trolley.

And? Isn't that his look for most of the 80s and 90s?

On 2/14/2017 at 6:53 AM, RolandTHTG said:

The way that bandana awkwardly sits on his head and the lopsided facepaint, it looks like Savage has been huffing paint out in an alleyway whilst protecting his hobo trolley.

That doesn't seem like a big stretch for Savage.

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Savage's 90s gear was horrible.  I know the full bodysuit was there to cover up him getting off the gas, but still.

Then again, the change in gear does serve the purpose of delineating his career fro me.  If I see a match with Bodysuit Macho, odds are I can avoid it. 

In what world are there skippable Savage matches?

• Like 3