DVDVR Message Board

Mitsuharu Misawa Tribute.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:42 PM, DreamBroken said:

Always think of Misawa around this time, one of the best. Time to fire up some VPW2.

Long shot.. but does anyone have saved/recall a Misawa tribute video set to "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol? It was uploaded before he passed I believe but I always watched it every year since, one of my favorite tribute videos ever, but now it's finally been taken down from youtube.

I don't have that one, but I've always loved this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 10:05 AM, The Natural said:

@Pete posted the following this week. Lost for words when I read it:

D85XorVUEAEgvGG?format=jpg&name=large

It just got really dusty in here. I knew I had good reasons to avoid this thread, I cried like a baby when Misawa died.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I watch a decent amount of classic AJPW with my kids and am able to be in the moment and not think about the tragic end. For whatever reason my mind wanders more to that during Hayabusa matches. 

I tend to think of the AJPW head dropping era much as I do the Isle of Man TT. I know what happens often, but I marvel at the event and the racing and watch it anyway. 

But then again, Motor Racing has become a lot safer in the last few decades. Whereas Wrestling increased the danger level, and seems to be headed the same way again. Unless someone proves that reverse Ranas and Canadian Destroyers are perfectly safe moves that just look like gnarly head drops, and Kota Ibushi took the apron German on his shoulder somehow.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Motor racing in general over the decades, but that doesn’t really extend to Isle of Man. 1 fatality this year, 2 last year, and 3 the one before. The bikes are faster and there is zero margin for error. 

31 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm just gonna say it again, that match really pissed me off.

Me too. The timing made it even worse, but I'm just so... They don't need to do that shit. I mean, nobody needs to, but they are more than capable of blowing the roof off a building without a single intentionally dangerous head drop.

ZSJ might be the smartest man in wrestling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

Motor racing in general over the decades, but that doesn’t really extend to Isle of Man. 1 fatality this year, 2 last year, and 3 the one before. The bikes are faster and there is zero margin for error. 

Throughout m childhood, my Dad used to race Motorbikes semi-professionally. He was almost good enough to stay with the professionals (on circuits he knew very well). He once rode the Manx TT course (in the early 90s), not at race speed, but at leisurely ride in the country speed. Said he wouldn't race a lap of the circuit for a Million pounds.

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7
9 minutes ago, AxB said:

Throughout m childhood, my Dad used to race Motorbikes semi-professionally. He was almost good enough to stay with the professionals (on circuits he knew very well). He once rode the Manx TT course (in the early 90s), not at race speed, but at leisurely ride in the country speed. Said he wouldn't race a lap of the circuit for a Million pounds.

Cool your Dad raced. 

I pretty much watch it on tv in awe every year. It’s on my bucket list to see in person. 

8 hours ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

Cool your Dad raced. 

I pretty much watch it on tv in awe every year. It’s on my bucket list to see in person. 

I used to talk to an old fella in my local who would load up his motorhome, put his dog in the co-pilot seat and go over to the Isle of Man every year to watch the TT. Living his best life for sure.

Edited by CreativeControl

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Exactly. You're talking about two guys that have the collective presence and charisma of the goddamned Kennedys. They really have to subject each other to poison ranas?

This is it in spades. We're not talking about two indy goofs that are trying to get over on youtube, we're talking about arguably two of the top five wrestlers in the world. Two guys that drip charisma like Onita did at the height of his popularity; they don't need to be doing stupid dangerous shit. Worse, because they did it it encourages every guy working to do the same. Fuck that, Naito and Ibushi need to be smarter than that. Two of my favorite wrestlers, but damn they pissed me off with that spot.

Well this isn't remotely close to Misawa tribute anymore plus it had been dormant for like a week and a half.

Y'all can decry the downfall of society in all the other threads it is happening in.

• RIPPA locked this topic