DVDVR Message Board

WoS Wrestling on Stadium

So, FiOS picked up Stadium TV and now I can watch World of Sport on the weekends that I am not henpecked to do yardwork.

Who can get me up to speed on what to look out for in UK graps?

Classic World of Sport from the 70s, or 2018's bad reboot? Because if it's the latter, don't bother. They only did ten eps and... if you're a big fan of talented artists being prevented from performing at their best, having their creativity stifled, you'll like it. If you want to watch 2018 WoS Wrestlers having good matches, watch them in other promotions.

If it's 70s, there's quite a long list. Start with Jim Breaks or Marty Jones. Kendo Nagasaki and Rollerball Rocco. Fit Finlay, obviously. You might catch a young Steve (not William) Regal, and his tag partner Robbie Brookside. Les Kellet for comedy and being a shoot psychopath. Young David teaming with Big Daddy before he went to Calgary.

Edit: You'll absolutely love Ironfist Clive Myers. He's great.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, AxB said:

Classic World of Sport from the 70s, or 2018's bad reboot? Because if it's the latter, don't bother. They only did ten eps and... if you're a big fan of talented artists being prevented from performing at their best, having their creativity stifled, you'll like it. If you want to watch 2018 WoS Wrestlers having good matches, watch them in other promotions.

If it's 70s, there's quite a long list. Start with Jim Breaks or Marty Jones. Kendo Nagasaki and Rollerball Rocco. Fit Finlay, obviously. You might catch a young Steve (not William) Regal, and his tag partner Robbie Brookside. Les Kellet for comedy and being a shoot psychopath. Young David teaming with Big Daddy before he went to Calgary.

Edit: You'll absolutely love Ironfist Clive Myers. He's great.

Yeah, I think it is the 2018 stuff. 

The main event of the show this past Saturday was Bea Priestly / Kay Lee Ray / Viper in a three way dance for the Ladies Championship where Ray one the strap, and I know that Ray recently dropped the belt to Priestly who dropped the belt to Viper after Priestly signed with AEW.

Edited by J.T.

The promotion is dead. Everyone's gone to NXT-UK or is back on the indies, except Bea and Kip Sabian who are AEW, and the guys who were already in NJPW.

I caught a piece of an episode last night on Pluto. I only watched a short bit of Ospreay - Kirby. I was enjoying what I saw of it, but for fuck's sake how many cuts does a wrestling show need? I couldn't even watch the whole match, all the camera changes were truly maddening.

I get that it's over with, but I was looking forward to watching all the eps. I don't think I'll be going back to finish them off.

I don't know, but I'm fairly confident that the people involved in production and direction of the broadcast stuffing instead of potatoes weren't wrestling fans. So most likely they watched some WWE to learn what TV wrestling is supposed to look like now, took it to mean that wrestling fans like quick cuts and plenty of them, and went with that. Rather excessively.

If they'd shot single camera like the old WoS, it might have been better. But it was booked as total nonstop action anyway, so maybe not. Like I said, great roster, bad show.

I caught a few episodes over the weekend and there was tons of skipping through to find some decent stuff.  Was neat seeing DBS Jr. against Rampage Brown though I bet there's a better match elsewhere.  But the camera cuts were infuriating which is a shame.  It's fine since there's nothing on my DVR to watch right now but likely won't see this again.