DVDVR Message Board

SDL is the Sunset of the Golden Age - 6/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Thanks again to Daniel Bryan's very large pokémon for the cool, and in this case appropriate shirt. 

Big E is back, probably to keep him away from Twitter. Miz is once again nothing, only this time as a face. They may(?) have forgotten about the Big E injury re-aggravation angle that seemed to be the seed of a turn. But who knows. 

Anyway... Here's the thread. 

• Like 1

Don't hate Shane or anything, but this stuff really should have ended with Miz beating him back at WM or MITB.

Carmella/Sonya was alright. I do like them building up Ember though it would have been nice to see her actually explode at Mandy And Sonya tonight.

Truth stuck in a box and shipped to Raw amused me though it wasn't as fun as the elevator segments from Raw.

Bayley/Nikki was decent. I do like how Alexa tries to manipulate Nikki.

I curse Heavy Machinery for robbing us of the glorious double titles match between Bryan/Rowan and the Yolo County tag Champions.

It was nice to see Big E back.

Tonight's episode was decent, but nothing strong. It would help things a good deal if they moved on from Ziggler and Shane.

Kabuki Warriors being off the show again was disappointing. Can't help but wonder if them and Viking Raiders are getting repackaged after the name snafus.

Edited by Eivion

I swear, I tuned it randomly and it felt like every time I did Shane was on the screen.

Stop having this heart attack waiting to happen involved in everything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Don't hate Shane or anything, but this stuff really should have ended with Miz beating him back at WM or MITB.

Carmella/Sonya was alright. I do like them building up Ember though it would have been nice to see her actually explode at Mandy And Sonya tonight.

Truth stuck in a box and shipped to Raw amused me though it wasn't as fun as the elevator segments from Raw.

Bayley/Nikki was decent. I do like how Alexa tries to manipulate Nikki.

I curse Heavy Machinery for robbing us of the glorious double titles match between Bryan/Rowan and the Yolo County tag Champions.

It was nice to see Big E back.

Tonight's episode was decent, but nothing strong. It would help things a good deal if they moved on from Ziggler and Shane.

Kabuki Warriors being off the show again was disappointing. Can't help but wonder if them and Viking Raiders are getting repackaged after the name snafus.

Vikings are on Main Event, so they're officially forgotten.

• Sad 4

Shane is Vince’s panic button, and goes hand in hand with the Wild Card. 

When in doubt, give them more McMahon.

When things are going south, give them more of the same stuff that keeps them glued to the screen! (Read: more McMahon)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

did Ember Moon really get a feud with Mandy & Sonya based off her Nintendo Switch being broken? What?

The feud started a week or two ago when Mandy and Sonya were pushing Mandy's magazine cover on everyone backstage. Sonya breaking Ember's shit this week was just upping the ante.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Bro, if this team doesn’t win the belts, or are used on TV opposing the IIconics before the Japanese tour, then this team is DOA.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

The feud started a week or two ago when Mandy and Sonya were pushing Mandy's magazine cover on everyone backstage. Sonya breaking Ember's shit this week was just upping the ante.

The new feuding over a shampoo commercial.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Vikings are on Main Event, so they're officially forgotten.

I'm normally not for cutting anyone, but WWE has way too wrestlers, both in NXT and on the main roster. There are at least 20 people they can let go from RAW/SDL that would impact nothing. They need the space. They also need to send a few guys to 205 Live, like they're doing with Gable. Gives them something worthwhile to do while opening a spot for another person.

7 hours ago, Casey said:

did Ember Moon really get a feud with Mandy & Sonya based off her Nintendo Switch being broken? What?

Considering that's a $300 system that they take on the road with them I'd be pissed too though it does build off of what Elvion mentioned.  I personally am all for nerdy references that make sense whether it's Xavier wanting to hurry to get back to E3 or this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

All I know is that if anyone broke MY Nintendo Switch, they'd get these hands.

If somebody did that while my wife was trying to defeat one of the DLC quests in BotW she would fucking destroy them and I would laugh.  She was absolutely mortified by that.

I tried not to bitch about Shane but this is ridiculous.  I couldn't care less about what happens on Raw but for him to be out there on SD bugs me.  I tend to prefer SD so seeing how far they've fallen is sad.

• Like 1

BLR is right, but we all know WWE isn't going to willingly cut anyone now. Vince is just hoarding talent at this point. The weird thing is, like BLR said, why not make better use of 205 Live and NXT? What's the point in even calling up the War Raiders when they're just going to be relegated to the Main Event wasteland? Keep them in NXT where they could have dropped the titles to someone to put them over. Cedric got called up to Raw because they really needed someone else for backstage skits?

But yeah, there's plenty of workers that they need to release especially if the brand split dies again and plenty of others they need to send to 205 Live or NXT. NXT is also getting really bloated. I looked at the newest list of renamed wrestlers and man is that list long. I know they do two different "tours" with most of the folks on TV doing the traveling while others in the PC wind up doing Florida shows.

And don't forget, they have somewhere around 100 more people at the PC that are either just doing the Florida loops or not being used at all.

Obviously they wouldn't (and shouldn't) but they could literally release every single person getting TV time, and still have more than enough bodies to fill their insane number of weekly TV hours