DVDVR Message Board

Compilations/documentaries you'd like to see

Has anyone hear seen the Sabu Documentary a fan made from shoot interviews. It is amazing and better than anything WWE has done. Look for it on Youtube. 

Wow, talk about an over sell. Wrestling fans have such low standards. I've seen the YouTube video, it's simply a load of RF Video shoots edited together (loosely) following Sabu's timeline, all with a horrible looking picture quality throughout, and some random background music too loud making it difficult to hear the wrestlers speak. To say it's WWE quality, never mind better, is ludicrous. 

Shut UpGo back to explaining why Mark Henry is a bad wrestler. Find something that is legit good and had a lot of hard work put into it. Only for a fucking dummy to try to ruin it. "Oh I don't this is good. Durr they don't have the production values of a million dollar company. Durr I think I be smart."Man go fuck yourself.

Yes I did and considering the resources of both, the Sabu one is way better.

I just realized that is the same guy who on the old board shit on the Barb Wire City doc and claimed he was a great film maker. If I had known that I would not have replied.

What on Earth are you going on about? Mark Henry hate? Barbed Wire City? 

All because I like to hear audio in a documentary, and laugh at your notion that i's better than anything the WWE has ever produced, you've had a mini meltdown. Check yourself man. Check yourself. 

Wrestler specific: William Regal, Demolition, Classy Freddie Blassie, Stan Hansen

Topic specific: History of Houston Wrestling, WWF: The Announcers (Lord Alfred Hayes, Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura, etc.), Championship Belts & Belt Makers (not matches but how they were/are made, etc.)

Also I'd love to hear whole story about the life and times of Howard Finkel.

I'd find it super interesting if some silly group of wrestling fans started digging around these little territories with unpurchased footage and start finding something neat and wonderful about them and doing a documentary. No one will do it because no one is going to want to pay to watch a documentary on this little known area but heck I think people finding these nuggets of greatest that lies in this unknown commodity would be sweet. Little history books on the most niche of things.

There is a good Memphis doc out there.  It's call "Memphis Heat".  Lawler and Dundee are interviewed in it.  Great production value.

Late to the party, but seconded.  The only flaw to it is that it cuts off when Jimmy Hart leaves the company, so you miss out on stuff like the Dundee/Landell/Mantell stuff that wound up launching Jeff Jarrett's career (with a great promo by Jerry Jarrett) and Tommy Rich/Austin Idol shaving Lawler's head.

• 3 weeks later...

any doc that answers the question "what the hell was supposed to happen at WCW Starrcade '97". Like, how the actual match was supposed to play out, what was going on with that "fast count", what outcome they were going for, and how the follow up was supposed to unfold.

it's been talked to death, but that shit show followed by the following month of WWF awesomeness was the turning point for a good many people.

A full-on Heyman retrospective would be cool. I know a lot of it has been done in the ECW documentaries, but they could get into some of the early NWA stuff (like when he managed the "Original" Midnight Express of Dennis Condrey and Randy Rose), and the entire Dangerous Alliance run.

I would like to see some well produced kayfabe mockumentaries like "The History of The Deadly Green Mist" and "Anti-American Wrestlers in the US: Threat or Menace?", with plenty of match footage and mondo-style globe-trotting investigations and historical reenactments. 

- call Christopher Guest,

RAF

• Like 1

I *really* want this proposed "Class of '96" DVD that was mentioned in one of those surveys WWE sends out. Austin, Rock, Mankind, Mark Henry, Pillman, Flash Funk, Vader, Road Dogg ("the real Double J") plus guys who had been there a little while like Goldust and HHH ... SUCH a fun time for wrestling and all kinds of never before released things could be included like the HHH/Mero IC Title change where Mr. Perfect turns heel and Undertaker wrestling Terry Gordy at the December '96 In Your House.

Parts Unknown: The Story Of Pro Wrestling's Fightingest Town

And family tree docs for the Samoans, the Welch/Fuller/Golden/Fields family, and Jimmy Hart's First Family.

I would totally pay for this.

Also, a 30 for 30 on the story behind "Iron" Mike Sharpe's arm injury. Do it Spinal Tap-style or something.