DVDVR Message Board

Compilations/documentaries you'd like to see

I want a Dynamite Kid documentary. I had zero expectations for that Highspots thing being any good and it turned out to be even worse. I go into everything with an open mind but Dynamite Kid muttering about twenty words in two hours, God awful production values and an overall sense of rotten veg: to say that gap wasn't filled is an understatement. 

There is one that I always thought would be really cool, which would be a collection of introductions of wrestlers for various territories. Like, there would be a chapter on the Road Warriors, and we would see them kill jobbers from five different regions. You could also include first promos, vignettes and even interviews now to fill it out. 

Also, if the rumors are true and they are actively trying to buy it, a WWE World of Sport Doc with Regal as host would be amazing. 

Since Vince & company seem to own the rights to damn near everything domestic these days and are putting out new documentaries and compilations of various wrestlers all the time, what are your dream collections?  It doesn't have to be anything realistic.

I for one would love to see a crusierweight/junior heavyweight collection put together.  Start with stuff in WCW in the early 90s and include matches from the WWF's short lived attempts at having a light heavyweight title as well.  Maybe even throw in a few of those lucha matches from Super Astros.

I've never seen anything Portland related from the 80s but hear mostly good stuff about it.  Who owns the footage to that?

A good Memphis documentary would be nice.  I'm assuming the Jarretts still own most of that stuff?

I want a 3 disc Goldust DVD sooo bad and him coming back hasn't helped that much. I'd like a WWE Tag Team titles comp featuring Demolition, the Hart Foundation, Hardys, NOA, Wild Samoans, London and Kendrick, Miz and Morrison, E&C, LOD and all the other greats. I think a documentary about the all the Samoans could be cool too, looking from Afa or High Cheif Peter Mavia to Roman Reigns and the Usos, it could be an interesting story and could have all kinds of sweet matches included.

There are already a Best of High Flyers and Best of Tag Teams DVD. They're both okay.

Some of these sound great. I'd really love a Regal set. The guy has had an interesting enough career to make for a watchable doc, and they could draw matches from Europe, Japan, WCW (the TV title run, the brutal match with Finlay, ppv match with Sting) and of course, WWE. The good thing about Regal is the variety in his career, so it would make for a really easy watch.

Mad Men, Monsters and Freaks hosted by Kane from the set of See No Evil 2 (or 3, or 4) and starring George Steele, Kamala, Kabuki, King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, Missing Link, Moondogs, Papa Shango, Bastion Booger, Goldust, Mankind, Kane, Umaga, Boogeyman, Kevin Thorn & Ariel, etc.

Samoans documentary/matches would be amazing as well.

• Like 1

Some of these sound great. I'd really love a Regal set. The guy has had an interesting enough career to make for a watchable doc, and they could draw matches from Europe, Japan, WCW (the TV title run, the brutal match with Finlay, ppv match with Sting) and of course, WWE. The good thing about Regal is the variety in his career, so it would make for a really easy watch.

I'd watch that just for the promo where he calls Sting "Sunshine" and smacks the piss out of him.

A Scott Hall/Razor doco in the Jake Roberts mould would be pretty good.

The AWA tag with Curt, brief NWA run as Gator Scott Hall, the Survivor Series tag match, the 1-2-3 Kid match, the two ladder matches, the Action Zone tag match, Jarrett at the Rumble (underrated solid match), the Curtain Call, the BATB 6 man, the drunk Scott Hall vignettes from Nitro, him showing up in the nut home with Flair.

Mad Men, Monsters and Freaks hosted by Kane from the set of See No Evil 2 (or 3, or 4) and starring George Steele, Kamala, Kabuki, King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, Missing Link, Moondogs, Papa Shango, Bastion Booger, Goldust, Mankind, Kane, Umaga, Boogeyman, Kevin Thorn & Ariel, etc.

Samoans documentary/matches would be amazing as well.

They could easily do a 3-disc set on the Anoa'i/Fatu family alone.

A Scott Hall/Razor doco in the Jake Roberts mould would be pretty good.

The AWA tag with Curt, brief NWA run as Gator Scott Hall, the Survivor Series tag match, the 1-2-3 Kid match, the two ladder matches, the Action Zone tag match, Jarrett at the Rumble (underrated solid match), the Curtain Call, the BATB 6 man, the drunk Scott Hall vignettes from Nitro, him showing up in the nut home with Flair.

Don't forget his picture showing up in that Booker T/Jeff Jarrett Russo-booked match with the coal miner's glove.

Has anyone hear seen the Sabu Documentary a fan made from shoot interviews. It is amazing and better than anything WWE has done. Look for it on Youtube. 

Looked for and found it its titled Sabu: A Little Crazy

• Like 1

RussoRiffic: The "Best" of Vince Russo. WWE can put this one out after it buys the TNA catalog sometime in December.

Yes, it must wait.  There's ample material now, but it just wouldn't be complete without the midget masturbating in the trash can.

Footage from Ring of Glory would be a nice bonus.

Has anyone hear seen the Sabu Documentary a fan made from shoot interviews. It is amazing and better than anything WWE has done. Look for it on Youtube. 

Wow, talk about an over sell. Wrestling fans have such low standards. I've seen the YouTube video, it's simply a load of RF Video shoots edited together (loosely) following Sabu's timeline, all with a horrible looking picture quality throughout, and some random background music too loud making it difficult to hear the wrestlers speak. To say it's WWE quality, never mind better, is ludicrous. 

With the news this week that the show's apparently done with: WWE usually doesn't do full seasons for the sheer amount of TV they have a week, but doing "Saturday Morning Slam: The Complete Series" would probably be fun and something for everyone's collection [only about 25 episodes, most of them being relatively fun- kids would like it for a kids' show, older fans would probably like having the whole series...why not?)