DVDVR Message Board

NJPW things before G1 Climax 2019 starts

Archibald

21 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Reading the pops was fascinating. People appear ready to see guys like Taichi, Sanada and Shingo ascend.

Hell the entire field is more or less ridiculous give or take the bottom 2-3 guys. 

The pop for Cobb was shockingly big too. Or perhaps not... he definitely got over there in a hurry.

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Also, with ticket sales struggling for the Dallas show (that's still a thing right?) and the company bringing in a white hot former wwe champion, of course you don't feature him in a singles match because of block order. ?‍♂️ This company has never quite gotten their US expansion right. 

They should think about about taking a break from the US expansion after this show. They really shouldn’t have booked California for Super J Cup if the low ticket sales for Dallas were a bad sign. 

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They should think about about taking a break from the US expansion after this show. They really shouldn’t have booked California for Super J Cup if the low ticket sales for Dallas were a bad sign. 

I think they need to stick to B-shows.  Stuff like New Beginning USA and Lion's Break are fine.   They might have to go overseas for G1 in 2020 due to Olympics some.

Why would they make a title defence for one of the G1 entrants during G1? I understand that people might want to see Mox in Dallas, but these scenarios are absurd. You know, it might be possible that he is exclusive to AEW in USA and wrestled couple of indies only because AEW allowed him.

Jay White screwing Naito out of the finals is most Jay White thing that he can do so it is probably going to happen.

Earlier we had a talk about Juice being Gaijin Goto, but I think that him getting Budokan semi-main and most likely beating Mox is huge deal.

Is Ospreay screwing Tanahashi or is Tanahashi screwing Ospreay? Tanahashi usually puts new guy over.

Evil and Sanada not in a position to do much asides of beating Okada. But it leads to KoPW where he gets his win back... so it is kinda pointless.

Anyway, time to create a new G1 thread and leave this one for greatness that is Yoshi-Hashi?

13 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Why would they make a title defence for one of the G1 entrants during G1? I understand that people might want to see Mox in Dallas, but these scenarios are absurd. You know, it might be possible that he is exclusive to AEW in USA and wrestled couple of indies only because AEW allowed him.

Jay White screwing Naito out of the finals is most Jay White thing that he can do so it is probably going to happen.

Earlier we had a talk about Juice being Gaijin Goto, but I think that him getting Budokan semi-main and most likely beating Mox is huge deal.

Is Ospreay screwing Tanahashi or is Tanahashi screwing Ospreay? Tanahashi usually puts new guy over.

Evil and Sanada not in a position to do much asides of beating Okada. But it leads to KoPW where he gets his win back... so it is kinda pointless.

Anyway, time to create a new G1 thread and leave this one for greatness that is Yoshi-Hashi?

Yoshi basically challenged ZSJ to his G1 spot tonight so there's still a chance. Keep hope alive!

40 minutes ago, alstein said:

I think they need to stick to B-shows.  Stuff like New Beginning USA and Lion's Break are fine.   They might have to go overseas for G1 in 2020 due to Olympics some.

The Tacoma and San Francisco shows are in really small venues. I don’t know how well they’ll do back in Walter pyramid but I like that these are focused shows with a reason for being. Doing stuff like that I think will work but definitely no more big arenas. I’ll be curious to see how these sales do. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

This makes me think Suzuki is going to be jumping entrants, "injuring" them, and costing people matches

How about the posibility we see Suzuki expecting Archer, Taichi, or ZSJ to give up one of their spots, and when they don't they get beaten savagely?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I was looking forward to ZSJ/Minoru with Zack scoring the upset and starting the end of Suzuki-Gun, the WTL preview of that was intense and ZSJ would have to learn to get dirty.

That said, Suzuki-Gun is a family like LIJ so that isn't their style, it's not like BC where they kick people out left and right.

G1 Dallas card showed that R3K and GoD will open the show, but won't be present for the rest of G1 tour. Safe bet that they'll doing some dates with RoH during that time and then Royal Quest before returning to Japan for Destruction tour.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:03 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Who thought they'd see Dean Ambrose vs. Matanza this year in Japan?

I just cracked up picturing Cobb and Yano doing mirror spots, "Duck Soup" style.