DVDVR Message Board

Great Movies You Will Never Watch Again

Curt McGirt

Another odd entry for me in this category that I hope isn't truly an entry is In the Bedroom.  I mention it because it's never had a re-release on Blu-ray; you can buy it on Amazon streaming in SD or on DVD, but who does that anymore if they don't have to?

But as far as I can tell, it seems like the reason Miramax hasn't released it in HD format is that the writer/director, Todd Field, is something of a recluse.  Which is too bad, because it's easily one of my favorite movies of the last 20 years.

On the other hand, it is a seriously grim film and could probably make the cut as something a lot of people wouldn't want to watch more than once anyway.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 7:04 PM, The Natural said:

Up for that fucking opening montage. 

Grave of the Fireflies and how the main character goes.

Night Will Fall is horrific using footage of Nazi concentration camps and deemed too intense for the general populace at the time.

These plus Requiem for a Dream and United 93.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I watched Requiem exactly once under the worst set of circumstances in high school. A buddy and I smoked a bowl and sat down to watch it and greened out, and we watched an infomercial for like fifteen minutes before realizing it was for the JUICE program and it was actually the main menu of the DVD. Then I spent the the movie freaked out that I was going to end up stealing my moms tv for heroin money, even though I had and have never done anything harder than marijuana. Also, that score invades your soul and claws at it. 

On 12/1/2019 at 4:18 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I will never ever ever ever watch Come And See again. Ever. 

The trailer is bad enough. 

Aww shit I’m definitely watching this again. Just took like a decade breather in between viewings.

The Dark Knight

For some reason, I saw it at the worst possible time in my life to see it. I felt like I had been gut punched the whole time. Maybe it was the Heath Ledger crush I had, maybe it was just on top of other stuff going on in my life. But it really turned me off the Nolan Bat films. 

• Sad 1