DVDVR Message Board

Great Movies You Will Never Watch Again

Curt McGirt

I bought Schindler's List not to long ago, was planning to watch it one night, and then just went "what the fuck am I thinking? I don't want to go through that again"

On the other hand, I have watched Grave of the Fireflies more than once, and I probably will again at some point. I just have to watch Totoro after it.

Edited by Brian Fowler

37 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I bought Schindler's List not to long ago, was planning to watch it one night, and then just went "what the fuck am I thinking? I don't want to go through that again"

On the other hand, I have watched Grave of the Fireflies more than once, and I probably will again at some point. I just have to watch Totoro after it.

I hope you weren't making out during Schindler's List.

35 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

A Serbian Film.

Fuck that movie, but especially fuck that ending.

EDIT:  I didn't see the "great" part of the title.  I in no way think that ASF was great.

Went on Wikipedia and promptly closed it. Fuck.

• Like 1

I don't know that you'd class either as great, but I'm never watching Interstellar or Avatar again because I don't think they will translate well compared to seeing them on IMAX on release.

As far as great films that depressed the hell out of me, which seems to be where this is trending, Leaving Las Vegas hollowed me out and I couldn't bring myself to ever watch it again

Oh man mother fucking Interstellar.  The only movie where I where I actually, out  loud, yelled "OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE" in the theater like some tourette's patient.

It was the scene where an actual scientist describes "love" as a scientific principle.  Fuck you Interstellar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh man mother fucking Interstellar.  The only movie where I where I actually, out  loud, yelled "OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE" in the theater like some tourette's patient.

It was the scene where an actual scientist describes "love" as a scientific principle.  Fuck you Interstellar.

This rant has made me laugh. Feel guilty for doing so at your bad experience.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 2

The thread isn't films you'll only see once, it's films you will never watch again. So therefore:

It is unlikely I will watch Shrek again, because when my teenager was little he'd happily watch it every day. So barring any future Grandparenting situations, most likely I'll be avoiding it. For similar reasons, 22 Jump Street and the Inbetweeners movies. Seen them enough.

14 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

A Serbian Film.

Fuck that movie, but especially fuck that ending.

Emotion aside (if that's possible), it's always weirded me out how this and Kill List came out less than a year apart and have very, very similar endings.  If it's a coincidence, it's a really crazy one.

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Only saw Dark Knight Rises in the theater, and will NEVER watch it again. I could see myself watching the other Nolan Batman movies again, but not that one.

I keep going back to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises, only a few. That film had a lot of pressure following on those two. Two things I remember from it is Anne Hathaway's Catwoman and THAT Bane voice.

I found it funny how Bane's voice in the prologue is different from December 2011 to the final cut, only one line delivery remains the same. I know as me and my Dad went to see said prologue ending with a minute of shots from the movie as I managed to get free tickets to it. Surreal experience getting security scanned and going to the cinema to see something only 10 minutes long.

Edited by The Natural

I've only revisited Rises once, and it was somewhat better at home with subtitles, but fuck that movie has the worst sound design and editing of any big budget movie I've ever seen, even without getting into that stupid fucking Bane voice.

I just rewatched the first two not that long ago actually.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I've only revisited Rises once, and it was somewhat better at home with subtitles, but fuck that movie has the worst sound design and editing of any big budget movie I've ever seen, even without getting into that stupid fucking Bane voice.

I just rewatched the first two not that long ago actually.

What did you think?

I like them, and I think Dark Knight is still one of the most overrated movies ever made. It's good, but the idea it's the best superhero movie ever is just mind boggling to me.

• Like 2

So, Asif Kapadia documentaries. Obviously they're objectively good, they win all these awards and so on, people think they're great, but he repeatedly makes films talking about these heroic, noble, selfless people. And every time, the subject was not actually like that.

Ayrton Senna, right. Honourable sportsman who was screwed out of a world championship, according to the film. Neglects to mention the championships he won by cheating. The intentional crashes. Driving Formula One cars as if they were go-karts, forcing opponents off the road on 80mph corners when he could have easily taken them on a straight later. Not in the movie. In the movie, he's a bloody angel. Load of bollocks.

And then there's Amy Whinehouse, celebrity Drug user and Jazz singer. Now I admit I'm biased, I hated her music, and I hated her miserable "woe is me" media persona more. Aren't the twelve steps all about accepting responsibility for your actions and wanting to make amends for you misdeeds? And here's this person blaming everyone but herself and the whole world gives her a get out of moral jail free card because it's got a jaunty beat? No. Just no. And that's what the movie is. Two full hours of it's not my fault. Ridiculous.

And who is his next film about? Diego Maradona. Another self pitying junkie. Do I have to spend two hours of my life hearing about how England deserved to lose to a handball goal because they had they effrontery to win a war the Argentinians started? We invaded your sovereign territory, and you repelled us with superior military force, so therefore we have the moral right to cheat at sport? Not having it.

What you going to do next, Asif Kapadia? Ninety minutes on how murderous wifebeater Raoul Moat was just sensitive and misunderstood? Fuck off.

• Like 1