DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/5/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Jake Crist def. Mantequlila & JT Dunn after a top rope cutter on Dunn
*Taped for Xplosion: Sabu (w/ Super Genie) def. Raj Singh (w/ The Great Gama) via Camel Clutch submission

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 5, 2019 from New York City, NY

*TJ Perkins def. Ace Austin via kneebar submission

*Kiera Hogan def. Madison Rayne after the swinging fishermans suplex. Jordynne Grace did commentary and faced off with Kiera after the match.

*Rohit Raju (w/ The Great Gama) def. Laredo Kid after a diving double stomp

*Moose came out for a promo. Moose talked about how he used to watch Rob Van Dam on ECW TV but now he's better than RVD. Moose challenged RVD to a match at Slammiversary and said he had a video to get his attention as he sent to a video on the screen showing Moose standing over a beaten up Sabu. RVD ran out and they had a pull apart brawl.

*Dezmond Xavier vs. Trey Miguel vs. Zachary Wentz ends with Dez & Wentz pinning Trey and both being announced as the winner to determine which two would team at Slammiversary.

*Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. Johnny Impact & John E. Bravo via pinfall on Bravo.

Edited by DreamBroken

Well, they certainly changed the order of events on the show. Lots of recaps this week, but it's the go home for a PPV, so there it is. Ace Austin and TJP had another good one. Liked the headlock escape. Keira vs Madison was just a backdrop for the commentary/ post match confrontation. But they haven't announced Keira vs Jordynne for the PPV, so maybe it's not that big a deal of a feud. 

Props to Laredo Kid for not getting fazed by the bottom rope breaking on his Moonsault. Rohit should probably not have tried the rolling Senton in the corner though,

The free match was Jade vs Rosemary for the Knockouts title, in a Monster's Ball or something. German Suplex on tacks? Ouch. Putting your opponent under a Barbed Wire board and then undershooting a Moonsault onto it, landing knees first and hard as hell? Ouch. The finish seemed much less painful than the non finish spots.

The Moose promo and pull apart didn't really do anything to make me want to see the match. So arguably it was a waste of time, but I wasn't bothered about seeing it anyway. Kross' promo in the Church was really good though.

The Rascalz three way, however, was a great match. Bit too much of the 'Please run into my foot' spots early on, but that's the style these young fliers do now. 

Swann & Mack vs Impact & Bravo was what it was supposed to be. Decent match that was a comedy squash in waiting. Rich Swann continues to be the best wrestler in Impact.

• Like 1

TJP/Ace was way better than I expected. Very solid straightforward match that got time. Mentioned before that I don't care for TJP but this was quite enjoyable. Everything else was kept pretty short. Rascalz match was fun, kinda felt bad for Trey in the end. Hoped Kiera/Madison would get more time as Madison especially has been one of my favorites to watch this year. But solid build towards Slammiversary overall. Definitely looking forward to what should be another great one from Impact.

Edited by DreamBroken