DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/21/19

*Taped for Xplosion; Jordynne Grace def. Masha Slamovitch with the Grace Driver

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 21, 2019 from New York City, New York

*Tessa Blanchard def. Jake Crist after the Magnum

*Madman Fulton def. Eddie Edwards after Eddie was distracted by video on the screen showing Killer Kross waterboarding The Sandman.

*Moose def. Tommy Dreamer after the Spear. After the match, Moose continued to attack Dreamer and teased a Van Terminator but RVD made the save.

*Taya Valkyrie def. Su Yung (w/ Father James Mitchell & Havok) via DQ when Havok interfered. After the match, Su & Havok surrounded Taya but Rosemary came out. Mitchell said there she was right on cue. Mitchell then announced Taya vs. Su vs. Havok vs. Rosemary in a Monster's Ball for the knockouts title at Slammiversary.

*TJ Perkins def. Ace Austin with a diving crossbody

*Rich Swann def. Michael Elgin & Johnny Impact (w/ John E Bravo) with a 450 splash on Johnny. After the match Johnny attacks Swann. Brian Cage returns and chokeslams Bravo then ends up laying out Elgin and standing tall.

Edited by DreamBroken

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of feel like Eddie Edwards is stuck in a holding pattern. Last year he was in a never ending feud with a psycho heel, and he lost his mind and his Wife was really upset and felt like she didn't know him any more. And this year, the same thing, but it's Kross not Sami. Speaking of which, in his pre-tape promo where he challenged Tessa he said he'd leave her a bloody mess like he did to Pentagon, Brian Cage and Rich Swann. Didn't he lose all of those feuds? I think he did.

One of these shows was supposed to have been disrupted by an obnoxious fan. If it was this one or last week, they've done a great job of editing the guy out.

Decent enough show, but none of the matches (haven't watched the main yet) really jumped out to me as being transcendentally fantastic. All pretty good, none fantastic. TJP vs AA seemed to finish very abruptly, I might have wanted them to go a little longer. But they want to re-establish TJP as a top guy in the X-Div right away I suppose.

• Like 1

This show had some great stuff on it.

Tessa v Crist was really good.  TJP v Austin left me wanting to see more of the both of them, both guys are ultra smooth in ring and look like they could put on a really great match if they built up to it.  Taya / Su Yung / James Mitchell / Rosemary nonsense was fun and I cant wait to see the 4 women monsters ball match.

Unfortunatly it also had some mehhh stuff on it, notably Moose v Dreamer.  Get this feud so far off my TV.  I think Moose is great but this feud with ECW is doing nothing for him.

The main event was really good, now I've seen it. Swann gets incredible distance on the 450. Most people who can do the move got more or less straight down, he went halfway across the ring.

I love how in Impact they don't just remove a wrestler from the show or have an injury angle they literally KILL the wrestler off the show.  Allie was removed by getting stabbed in the throat.   Now it looked like Killer Kross who may or may not still be on contract is off the show because Eddie Edwards may have eaten his face off.  I can' only imagine the horrible things they are thinking to kill off Scarlett Bordeaux

Edited by hammerva

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

I love how in Impact they don't just remove a wrestler from the show or have an injury angle they literally KILL the wrestler off the show.  Allie was removed by getting stabbed in the throat.   Now it looked like Killer Kross who may or may not still be on contract is off the show because Eddie Edwards may have eaten his face off.  I can' only imagine the horrible things they are thinking to kill off Scarlett Bordeaux

Fallah Bahh going for a moonsault on Sami Callihan, only for Sami to pull her down on top of him and take the brunt of the impact (no pun intended). That, or a fireball to the face. You can't really go wrong with a fireball, except for Hogan/Warrior II.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Kross & Bordeaux are going to be sought after big-time by AEW, and the WWE. Smart move by them to get out now while the getting is good.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Liked the all action feel of the show with match after match even though all the matches were pretty short, the show had a solid flow. Tessa/Jake into Eddie/Fulton flowed nice. Hope that's not the end of Kross but did kind of feel like it.  Taya/Su was good stuff while it lasted. Kinda love the Taya/Rosemary uneasy alliance. Monster's Ball should be epic. I like all 4 but Taya especially has been shining this year. Never liked TJP so not big on him returning and running over Ace just like that, but hopefully he'll turn things around in Impact the way Swann did. Main event was a super fun sprint as those guys continue to deliver every time. Thought Cage looked great in his return run in there and felt like a star.

On 6/22/2019 at 5:14 PM, hammerva said:

I can' only imagine the horrible things they are thinking to kill off Scarlett Bordeaux

Au Revoir Miss Bordeaux

Her sensuous scent permeated through the thick smoke-filled room.

"Bahh!" desperately exclaimed Fallah Bahh the massive Sumo from the Philippines as he entered.

"Bahh Bahh Bahh Bahh Bahh!" he sang to the tune of Scarlett Bordeaux' familiar theme but the siren did not answer his call.

"Bahh bahh bahh bahh...bahh?" he sang again.  Slower almost whispering with shaky trepidation as the smoke slowly dissipated and with it the last lingering scent of her.

"Bahh."  His lower lip trembled.  The realization that his muse, tag team partner, and his friend was truly gone.

He was now alone.

Alone in this chaotic galaxy where some things wood were also metal.

Alone.

A lone tear rolled down his cheek.

Alone.  When a salvo of saliva shot into his face from the side creating a deluge of rage from within the proud Filipino warrior.

"Where's your bitch now, fatboy!" screamed the vile Sami Callihan the leader of the evil quartet known as OVE, Ohio Versus Everything.

His mimicking henchman the deplorable Jake Crist handed his leader a microphone while the massive Madman Fulton wielded a video camera.

"This is not Rolando Melendez, fake news reporter.  He's on special assignment in The Undead Realm."  The group all cackled.  "This is Sami Callihan, Hashtag The Draw bringing you this special report.  Scarlett Bordeaux is gone and she ain't never coming back."

The fourth member Dave Crist gesticulated silently in an unsavory snakelike manner.

"And in breaking news, Fallah Bahh is about to join her.  Get him boys!"  With Callihan's order OVE surrounded Bahh.

Bahh stood his barefooted ground ready to battle to the bitter end.  OVE pounced like a group of jackals.

All hope looked lost for Fallah Bahh when the room suddenly filled with smoke.  Could it be?  Has she returned?

NO!

The trio known as The Rascalz join the fray.  With the help of Dez, Trey, and Wentz evening the odds, the cowardly group of OVE make a hasty retreat.

A man in a dashiki enters.  He is not the man who is a superstar nor the man with the most cars.  He is the griot of IMPACT Wrestling.

"Today, Fallah Bahh learned where there is smoke, there is fire.  Fire from within.  The fire of passion.  The fire of friendship."

Dusk turns to dawn.  Over the horizon, a space shuttle launches into orbit.

"A new dawn breaks for the courageous warriors of IMPACT Wrestling" concludes the griot.

From the space shuttle window, a growling Sami Callihan can be seen shaking his fist.

• Like 1