Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Her last name is Warrior.  Unless there is a vast number of people with the last name of Warrior then she was screwed regardless of the face paint.      

 

Isn't Guerrero a relatively common surname?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AxB said:

Strangely, they don't. They have a daughter called Holly.

If your surname was James, would you name your kid Jesse/Jessie? I totally would. But my surname isn't James.

My friend that passed away in 2006 was Jesse James Hall. Not quite the same, but close.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just going to put this here because I feel like it and it amuses me but I think one of the women in one of the major US companies should be obsessed with Garfield.  Maybe someone like Dana Brooke could go to catering and always demand lasagna, and she could also sleep in a box with a blanket and a teddy bear.  She would then need to be woken up for her match.  Her promos would also be just her thinking sarcastic things about her opponents, and she'd never actually speak with her mouth.  Also, she'd refuse to work on RAW because she hates Mondays.  That is all.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

I'm just going to put this here because I feel like it and it amuses me but I think one of the women in one of the major US companies should be obsessed with Garfield.  Maybe someone like Dana Brooke could go to catering and always demand lasagna, and she could also sleep in a box with a blanket and a teddy bear.  She would then need to be woken up for her match.  Her promos would also be just her thinking sarcastic things about her opponents, and she'd never actually speak with her mouth.  Also, she'd refuse to work on RAW because she hates Mondays.  That is all.

Chad Gable can be the John Arbuckle who is the only one that sees her after he had his psychotic breakdown.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nattie already does the cat ears. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ace said:

Let's be honest, WWE as a whole trying to glom onto Pride is unpleasant. They've literally never pushed an out LGBT superstar. 

How many have there been? Darren Young and Sonya Deville are the only two that come to mind. And Pat Patterson was a top guy, (no pun intended but I'm still using it), for Vince Sr. This is from 79- 83, right around the time Vince Jr. may not have been the boss, but he had power especially around 83.

And I know Pat wasn't out as his tv character, but he was out in real life.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

How many have there been? Darren Young and Sonya Deville are the only two that come to mind. And Pat Patterson was a top guy, (no pun intended but I'm still using it), for Vince Sr. This is from 79- 83, right around the time Vince Jr. may not have been the boss, but he had power especially around 83.

And I know Pat wasn't out as his tv character, but he was out in real life.

Even beyond that, it's still a bit different because WWE hasn't even gone there.

Even beyond whether they get pushed or not,  for Darren Young's run it was a plot point, and WWE themselves made it a plot point,  that Fred Rosser was openly gay, but the character "Darren Young" was not. It says something that today's WWE.com article about Deville being out and using her name was also a step forward, as it's the first inclination in any way, shape, or form that the character "Sonya Deville" is a lesbian as well. 

Even beyond a push for an openly LGBT+ performer would be a second step away, the baby step of "an openly LGBT+ performer is allowed to play a character that shares the identity the performer has." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About Jericho: he literally believes Benoit was actually possessed by an honest to God demon at the time of the murders. Nothing else he says is going to lower my opinion of his ability to handle rational thought.

(Granted, I can kinda understand wanting to come up with some way to absolve a longtime friend and colleague, but demon possession?)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Observer Daily Update...

The knee injury to Lars Sullivan that kept him off SmackDown Tuesday is worse than originally believed. There are no definitive details until he undergoes an MRI, but it doesn't look like a small thing and he'll be back Monday at this point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

About Jericho: he literally believes Benoit was actually possessed by an honest to God demon at the time of the murders. Nothing else he says is going to lower my opinion of his ability to handle rational thought.

(Granted, I can kinda understand wanting to come up with some way to absolve a longtime friend and colleague, but demon possession?)

At least he doesn't believe Kevin Sullivan murdered Benoit, Nancy, and Daniel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At least he doesn't believe Kevin Sullivan murdered Benoit, Nancy, and Daniel.

I mean, that's obviously crazy... But at least it doesn't require an actual fucking demon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless he believes that demon works for Sullivan. 😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Unless he believes that demon works for Sullivan. 😉

Leave The Purple Haze and Maya Singh out of this, sir...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up/reminder for anyone in the Dallas TX area, the upcoming first week of July is filled with the pro wres, big shows & locals.

Mon. July 1: WWE RAW (American Airlines Center)
Wed. July 3: King of Sports Championship Wrestling (Deep Ellum Art Company)
Fri. July 5: VIP Fight For Dallas (Cryme Tyme v. Hart Foundation v. OGz, Cabana, Joey Ryan, AR Fox, etc) (Haltom City Theatre)
Sat. July 6: NJPW G1 Climax Opening Day (American Airlines Center)
Sat. July 6: MPX Wrestling (Event Center in Bedford)
Sun. July 7: Impact Wrestling Slammiversary (Elgin v Cage, Johnny Impact v Rich Swann, etc) (Gilley's Dallas)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next you're gonna tell me the demon was Abuddah Dein...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Next you're gonna tell me the demon was Abuddah Dein...

nah The Demon was Dale Torborg (son of MLB player turned manager Jeff Torborg)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Just a heads up/reminder for anyone in the Dallas TX area, the upcoming first week of July is filled with the pro wres, big shows & locals.

Mon. July 1: WWE RAW (American Airlines Center)
Wed. July 3: King of Sports Championship Wrestling (Deep Ellum Art Company)
Fri. July 5: VIP Fight For Dallas (Cryme Tyme v. Hart Foundation v. OGz, Cabana, Joey Ryan, AR Fox, etc) (Haltom City Theatre)
Sat. July 6: NJPW G1 Climax Opening Day (American Airlines Center)
Sat. July 6: MPX Wrestling (Event Center in Bedford)
Sun. July 7: Impact Wrestling Slammiversary (Elgin v Cage, Johnny Impact v Rich Swann, etc) (Gilley's Dallas)

Poor Impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At least he doesn't believe Kevin Sullivan murdered Benoit, Nancy, and Daniel.

There was a website called "Justice Fir Benoit" that popped up right after the murders that had that very take.

A few years later a friend and I got a non-paying gig on a live internet radio station with all wrestling shows. We had to set up a website for our show to provide links to our archives so I looked if Justice For Benoit was available, and it was. So, for a year or so we plugged that as our site on air , never selling that it as anything more than a casual website name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

Even beyond that, it's still a bit different because WWE hasn't even gone there.

Even beyond whether they get pushed or not,  for Darren Young's run it was a plot point, and WWE themselves made it a plot point,  that Fred Rosser was openly gay, but the character "Darren Young" was not. It says something that today's WWE.com article about Deville being out and using her name was also a step forward, as it's the first inclination in any way, shape, or form that the character "Sonya Deville" is a lesbian as well. 

Even beyond a push for an openly LGBT+ performer would be a second step away, the baby step of "an openly LGBT+ performer is allowed to play a character that shares the identity the performer has." 

Here's the thing, a gimmick about being out would stink. This is wrestling. Shit, for a long time in WWF, no character was married or had families . You didn't know who liked to fuck who.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Here's the thing, a gimmick about being out would stink.

kenny-omega-kota-ibushi-NJPW.jpg

1*4HQh50yTE1yjZUSrnlrc-w.jpeg

Edited by AxB
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panther Rodriguez posted a looooooong FB message saying that the Benoit murders are a giant conspiracy and that benoit was murdered

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AxB said:

kenny-omega-kota-ibushi-NJPW.jpg

1*4HQh50yTE1yjZUSrnlrc-w.jpeg

Allow me to clarify, a gimmick about being out would stink in Vince McMahon's WWE.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

nah The Demon was Dale Torborg (son of MLB player turned manager Jeff Torborg)

It was Brian Adams for the first appearance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...