Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Zartan said:

Wasn’t Barrett in the limo at the very end of the last scene in the last episode ever of LU? 

Yeah and look what it did.  Killed the whole company.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Yeah and look what it did.  Killed the whole company.

You make a strong case. I retract my previous endorsement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iowanole said:

What is the story?

"Secondly, I wanted to share a quick story of your dad that really made me and my brothers summer back in the early 90's. The WWF was running a house show at a maybe 5,000 seat civic center in a smallish town in Florida and my dad worked for a construction company that was doing the renovations on it that were ongoing on the day of the show. He was in no way a wrestling fan but knew how much my 7 year old brother and I loved it.

Because he had an all access badge for the arena due to the construction work, my dad took us a few hours early to the show to walk around. He had access to a special lot behind the building where we parked. It was facing this pretty big pond that was known for good fishing. As luck would have it, my brother and I's absolute favorites were The Hart Foundation and they were out fishing by the pond killing time in the hours before the show started along with one of the Beverly Brothers. My dad, who wasn't starstruck at all because he had no idea who any of the guys were, got into a fishing conversation with the Harts and eventually they were talking to me and my brother. We told them how excited we were to see them on the card tonight and they asked us who our least favorite wrestler was. We both immediately said The Earthquake because of what he did to Hulk Hogan and Damian the snake.

Lo and behold like 20 minutes later, Earthquake comes walking out in street clothes towards the Harts to hang out. Will never forget this, Jim Neidhart cuts him off, starts whispering in his ear and comes back. Like two minutes later Earthquake storms up, cuts a promo on my brother and I and starts doing the earthquake stomp in a circle around us. We were horrified momentarily until Bret Hart and Jim Neidhardt stormed over, put on a show to protect us and Earthquake begged off and went back into the building.

It was the most completely unnecessary gesture given everyone involved had likely been on the road for weeks, driven hundreds of miles that day from the closest major city to get to us, and just probably wanted to relax without a dad and his two kids impeding on their personal time. We have told that story for years and it made my dad a fan for the next 15 years.

Probably no more than a few minutes of your dad's life but he created a moment for my family that we still talk about to this day when he absolutely could have just blown us off. So sorry your loss and thank you to your family for the memory."

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but did the Harts ever explain why they were hanging out with a Beverly Brother?:)

Seriously though, great story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

"Secondly, I wanted to share a quick story of your dad that really made me and my brothers summer back in the early 90's. The WWF was running a house show at a maybe 5,000 seat civic center in a smallish town in Florida and my dad worked for a construction company that was doing the renovations on it that were ongoing on the day of the show. He was in no way a wrestling fan but knew how much my 7 year old brother and I loved it.

Because he had an all access badge for the arena due to the construction work, my dad took us a few hours early to the show to walk around. He had access to a special lot behind the building where we parked. It was facing this pretty big pond that was known for good fishing. As luck would have it, my brother and I's absolute favorites were The Hart Foundation and they were out fishing by the pond killing time in the hours before the show started along with one of the Beverly Brothers. My dad, who wasn't starstruck at all because he had no idea who any of the guys were, got into a fishing conversation with the Harts and eventually they were talking to me and my brother. We told them how excited we were to see them on the card tonight and they asked us who our least favorite wrestler was. We both immediately said The Earthquake because of what he did to Hulk Hogan and Damian the snake.

Lo and behold like 20 minutes later, Earthquake comes walking out in street clothes towards the Harts to hang out. Will never forget this, Jim Neidhart cuts him off, starts whispering in his ear and comes back. Like two minutes later Earthquake storms up, cuts a promo on my brother and I and starts doing the earthquake stomp in a circle around us. We were horrified momentarily until Bret Hart and Jim Neidhardt stormed over, put on a show to protect us and Earthquake begged off and went back into the building.

It was the most completely unnecessary gesture given everyone involved had likely been on the road for weeks, driven hundreds of miles that day from the closest major city to get to us, and just probably wanted to relax without a dad and his two kids impeding on their personal time. We have told that story for years and it made my dad a fan for the next 15 years.

Probably no more than a few minutes of your dad's life but he created a moment for my family that we still talk about to this day when he absolutely could have just blown us off. So sorry your loss and thank you to your family for the memory."

That’s awesome!  Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching the 1997 Royal Rumble and just... In the ring right now where I'm at are The Undertaker, The Rock(y Maivia), Terry Funk, Vader, Mankind, Fake Diesel (Kane), Bret Hart, and Steve Austin.

(Okay, and Henry Godwin)

That's like 50 combined world titles, at least half of them are WON Hall of Famers.

It's kinda insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was the year a bunch of AAA dudes were on the card, right?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Craig H said:

There is no beef. Edge consistently praises Becky on the podcast. They're goofing around on Twitter.

Also - they went back and further a few weeks ago too in a similar fashion

So yeah - it is possible they are trying to convince someone to let them do a Beth/Becky match

I mean if hastily through together another all women's PPV since they couldn't run Alexa/Nattie - I could see them pushing Becky/Beth as the Main Event

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reportedly (but not by anyone I really trust) Triple H will be teaming with AJ Styles and Anderson and Gallows during the WWE's Japan tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reportedly (but not by anyone I really trust) Triple H will be teaming with AJ Styles and Anderson and Gallows during the WWE's Japan tour

WWE's Japan web site confirms it.  Match is Triple H & AJ Styles & Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Drew Mcintyre & Baron Corbin & Bobby Lashley & Samoa Joe .

https://wwe.co.jp/news-20190607-vol1/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nofuture said:

WWE's Japan web site confirms it.  Match is Triple H & AJ Styles & Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Drew Mcintyre & Baron Corbin & Bobby Lashley & Samoa Joe .

https://wwe.co.jp/news-20190607-vol1/

Reading those cards... I wonder if the Kabuki Warriors were originally supposed to get a token title win before this tour before they were pulled from TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple H, unofficial official Biz Cliz member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Triple H ever credit Shane Douglas for being the inspiration for his late 90’s look, and his deep throaty promos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple H, professional Flair mark, praising Jane Douglas? Seems unlikely.

Shane. Not Jane. Jane Douglas is on YouTube OxBox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks are raving about the Daniel Bryan/Rowan vs. Chad Gable/Apollo Crews match from this weekend's house show

So I am sure no one taped it but the Lars Sullivan/Matt Hardy match will make its way onto Youtube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, nate said:

So what's the Lynch/Phoenix (f. Edge) tweef about?

Becky wants to do a program with Beth now that she's an employee.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Announced for tonight's Raw is a title match with the tag champs (see if you can remember who they are without googling!) defending vs. The Revival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Folks are raving about the Daniel Bryan/Rowan vs. Chad Gable/Apollo Crews match from this weekend's house show

That actually sounds like a great team. But another black tag partner for Gable?When The Nation is rebooted, Gable needs to end up in that stable as the modern “Black Hart” Owen Hart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Announced for tonight's Raw is a title match with the tag champs (see if you can remember who they are without googling!) defending vs. The Revival. 

Ryder and Hawkins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That actually sounds like a great team. But another black tag partner for Gable?When The Nation is rebooted, Gable needs to end up in that stable as the modern “Black Hart” Owen Hart.

TIL Bobby Roode is black.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Announced for tonight's Raw is a title match with the tag champs (see if you can remember who they are without googling!) defending vs. The Revival. 

Wonder how many weeks it took Vince to realize that neither team in the tag team championship feud had the tag team belts.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nate said:

TIL Bobby Roode is black.

I totally forgot that team existed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Announced for tonight's Raw is a title match with the tag champs (see if you can remember who they are without googling!) defending vs. The Revival. 

Hopefully this means Ryder and Hawkins lose the belts. Its been so odd seeing Usos and Revival feud without titles or a title shot involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...