DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

Jinder Mahal posted on Instagram that he ruptured his patella tendon and just had surgery for it (it happened in his match against Ali)

That is one way to celebrate your new 5 year contract

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Jinder Mahal posted on Instagram that he ruptured his patella tendon and just had surgery for it (it happened in his match against Ali)

That is one way to celebrate your new 5 year contract. 

Four to six months I'd guess at. More the six side of it. 

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's entirely possible I just missed it, but I literally did not see a single person bitching about Dana Warrior getting a job in creative. I saw a handful complain about Pritchard being back, but not much.

And most of what I've seen today about this is cautious optimism.

Any ire I have towards Dana Warrior is based on this:

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

He said in the same interview that he probably would have chickened out. I’m rolling with that theory lol!

Also I just heard Heyman and Bisch are back. You know, wrestling is all about building up people just so they can make dramatic returns 20 more times before they literally die.

12 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Sorceress Knight was embellishing stuff to keep up the "WWE fans cannot ever be pleased" narrative that he's got going in his posts. 

Or maybe, people actually did it, it happened earlier this year, and you're just ignoring it because you can't accept that anything the fans can do is anything less than perfect.

12 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Sorceress Knight was embellishing stuff to keep up the "WWE fans cannot ever be pleased" narrative that he's got going in his posts. 

Going through my memory (shoddy and unreliable as it is), I do think I bit on some nonsense. I don't recall anyone complaining too loudly about her having a job backstage, and if they did then my objections stand. But it does seem like I took some bait.

Her Pride tweet was some bullshit, so fair play to anyone who objects to it.

As has been alluded to, relationships are tricky and I'm not going to judge hers based on Warrior's shitty comments. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Why is Bischoff getting all the flack for the TNA run when he was mainly there to produce the TV and shmooze with the suits? Hogan was the one booking the show wasn't he?

According to Prichard, it was Bischoff, Bruce after he came in, Russo and Bully doing the bulk of creative, with Hogan just kinda throwing in his two cents occasionally, iirc from that STW

• Like 1

Bischoff was there for the birth of Bully Ray, Roode's initial main event run, Austin Aries getting a shot, etc. I know TNA's easy to make fun of and none of that set the world on fire, but that wasn't all bad.

I know, I know, Bischoff = bad, things we liked = not Bischoff...

And as far as "making wins and losses matter," the Bound For Glory Series was an attempt. It wasn't entirely successful, but it was an attempt. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Or maybe, people actually did it, it happened earlier this year, and you're just ignoring it because you can't accept that anything the fans can do is anything less than perfect.

Hmm...

No, you're wrong. It's just you embellishing stuff. 

This is your thing, and actually I find your twisty-turny logic pretty entertaining, but you didn't even get the Dana Warrior stuff right in your posts. 

Your overarching premise is demonstrably wrong, too. The hardcoriest of hardcore WWE fans bought the WWE Network and followed NXT, and there were no complaints about the booking or the presentation because it was *gasp* really good, and if you can make WWE fans consistently happy in 2016, the fault of the fans not being happy is securely on the people running the company. 

And I'm not a WWE fan at this point, so this isn't some misguided attempt to redeem myself...based on my identity as a fan of a publicly-traded corporation, I guess...but instead just me pointing out your dogged determination to keep up with the narrative that you enjoy pushing. Which, again, I enjoy reading because your modification of what's actually happening to fit said narrative is certainly entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And as far as "making wins and losses matter," the Bound For Glory Series was an attempt. It wasn't entirely successful, but it was an attempt. 

Ugh... Don’t remind me. “Let’s do the G1, but let’s make it really fucking confusing”.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sky Blue Sam said:

In kayfabe, I don't think you'd expect RVD to make a sensible decision, so that just seems like realistic booking to me. 

Nah, realistic booking is having him fuck up trying to go for a submission and get flash pinned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Are you pretending the second season does not exist, or did you really not know?

ONLY 13 EPISODES, AND A CLIFFHANGER! We’ll never know where those foreign Megadeuses came from. Such a shame!

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 2