DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

I think I came to this board around the time of Teddy Long's wedding, and people thought it was great and I thought it was fucking garbage.

Then  a guy got banned who really loved that one dude who tried to get over with the Rally Towel. 

So I just stayed in the puro folder for the next like 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I think I came to this board around the time of Teddy Long's wedding, and people thought it was great and I thought it was fucking garbage.

Then I a guy got banned who really loved that one dude who tried to get over with the Rally Towel. 

So I just stayed in the puro folder for the next like 5 years.

Wise move

35 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Is ‘that is Taz’ the new ‘who is Pitbull?’

Jim Neidhart isn't Pitbull.

Gary Wolfe aka Pitbull #1 is the remaining Pitbull. Pitbull #2 (Anthony Durante) died of a drug OD (shocking, I know).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

There is some relevance to that today, both in WWE reaching back into the past instead of giving anyone who has booked wrestling  in the last five years a shot and in the optimism of fans who listen to Eric lie on a podcast and think he’s actually a visionary.

The fanbase trusts WWE so little that WWE CAN'T WIN regarding their creative choices. No matter who WWE picks to add to creative, people will just whine they picked them. If they gave a booker from the last five years a shot, people would whine "you did it to kill this indie fed!" We saw how people whined about Dana Warrior, then Bruce Prichard, and now they literally get Paul Heyman, the guy every smark had been whining for over a decade "give him all power and the show will be good", in charge of Raw, and they're whining about him too. 

Eventually there's a point where saying "the fans won't be happy unless WWE gives that fan, personally, all power" may be out to get the fans...but then, at the same time: Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, lays eggs like a duck, has a big sign next to it saying "THIS IS A DUCK"...it might just be a duck.

• Like 1

Marty is dating Deonna Purrazzo, so it might be as simple as he was visiting her and got the chance to meet Heyman. 

I don't see Marty ending up anywhere but AEW. I hope he brings in PCO and Brody King when their one year ROH deals are up. I want to see Villain Enterprises go after The Elite for abandoning Marty.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie