DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

Eric's also on record of saying he never offered Bret a contract before the Montreal incident when in fact he did. Eric has put a bunch of bullshit on the record. Doesn't mean it's true. I would trust Paul Heyman about money before trusting Eric with facts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

lol this fuckin' guy

Can't someone give him some GI Joes or Transformers to play with? Anything to keep him away from the keyboard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Depends. Is it my money?

Lost in the big picture is that for over twenty years Paul Heyman has done a heroic job of refuting the stereotype that Jewish people are good with handling money. If I want to run a company into the ground and stiff employees (sorry, "independent contractors") and suppliers alike, I can't think of a better man for the job than Paul Heyman.

• Haha 4

I didn't know Eric Bischoff had a podcast.  Listening to the Flair vs. Bischoff episode now.  It's interesting, but Bisch's answer to most everything Flair has said about WCW amounts to "well, it's been 25 years, and people's memories of events from back then are unreliable.  Now let me tell you how it really happened and how it was entirely the other guy."

Eric doesn't strike me as a reliable narrator, lol.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I didn't know Eric Bischoff had a podcast.  Listening to the Flair vs. Bischoff episode now.  It's interesting, but Bisch's answer to most everything Flair has said about WCW amounts to "well, it's been 25 years, and people's memories of events from back then are unreliable.  Now let me tell you how it really happened and how it was entirely the other guy."

He starts doing his research more later. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Not to imply that Mr. Bischoff is a serial liar, but he does have both "television executive" and "wrestling promoter" on his CV. I'm sure if we were to dig deep enough we would likely find time-share salesman (oh, I mean "vacation consultant") and bible salesman in his past. He reminds me of a high-school acquaintance (and we've all known a guy like this) who would much rather tell a convoluted lie than the truth even if there were nothing to be gained by the fabrication. Just bullshit for the sake of bullshit.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

That would be an improvement over 25 minute in ring promos that say nothing.

Beat me to it, but then I really like Dick Dale...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Doc Townsend said:

Leave Shawn Stasiak out of this.

Seriously, I am old enough to remember Stan Stasiak (who was shoved down our throats in Portland as a former World Champ), and I'm having trouble trying to think of a father/son duo that had less talent and was still given a shot on the biggest stage of all.  The apple didn't fall very far from the tree, though at least Shawn was mobile in the ring, whereas his dad was a lumbering oaf with one move.

Sounds like Vince is gearing up for football and needs the only two guys who competed with him to handle the reigns. 

I kinda like this idea. The shows are suck ass anyway. If the shows remain the same I can continue to not pay much attention. If Bischoff and Heyman go crazy and book some madness, it might actually pull me back. 

They may not be the freshest names, but I don't think Vince will hire Mike Quackenbush so I'll take what I can get.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Sounds like Vince is gearing up for football and needs the only two guys who competed with him to handle the reigns. 

I kinda like this idea. The shows are suck ass anyway. If the shows remain the same I can continue to not pay much attention. If Bischoff and Heyman go crazy and book some madness, it might actually pull me back. 

They may not be the freshest names, but I don't think Vince will hire Mike Quackenbush so I'll take what I can get.

Hiring Quack to run RAW and Super Dragon to run SDL would actually get me watching again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2