DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

What was that pray tell? Not heard of it (or don't remember)

Devon Moore, Tank and Ian Rotten all beat the piss out of Mike Levy for getting unapproved offense in his match with Mickie Knuckles. We're talking kicks to the face and curbstomp like moves to his head, onto a ladder. He was completely untrained, so he was stiff and sloppy, and it caused Mickie to have a "lump on her head", with Ian claiming it could ruin her TNA deal. Ian's young son even got in on the beating, hitting Levy with a kendo stick (but not before asking Ian for permission).

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Devon Moore, Tank and Ian Rotten all beat the piss out of Mike Levy for getting unapproved offense in his match with Mickie Knuckles. We're talking kicks to the face and curbstomp like moves to his head, onto a ladder. He was completely untrained, so he was stiff and sloppy, and it caused Mickie to have a "lump on her head", with Ian claiming it could ruin her TNA deal. Ian's young son even got in on the beating, hitting Levy with a kendo stick (but not before asking Ian for permission).

And then Mickie broke her leg three weeks later on an IWA Mid-South show doing a dive onto Sara Del Ray so there went that TNA run anyway.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

And then Mickie broke her leg three weeks later on an IWA Mid-South show doing a dive onto Sara Del Ray so there went that TNA run anyway.

Yeah I was gonna say that the one thing I remember was the irony of Rotten (via IWA) doing far, far more to ruin her TNA deal shortly thereafter

33 minutes ago, Casey said:

Ian's young son even got in on the beating, hitting Levy with a kendo stick (but not before asking Ian for permission).

*sigh* The Family Rotten... (spoken a la Bunk Moreland)

Didn't Mickey try and work on the broken leg? And didn't she have something going on with Ian, or am I misremembering?

34 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Didn't Mickey try and work on the broken leg? And didn't she have something going on with Ian, or am I misremembering?

I believe that was the assumption (whether it was true or not I don't recall) because what other motive could there be for Rotten doing something as out-of-character as caring about one of his wrestlers' physical well-being

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

In a shoot interview (around 23 mins) he admits having an affair with Mickie while she was living with he and his wife. Sadly that probably ranks low on the scummiest things Ian has done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nate said:

Aw man, I missed it by 5 days, but June 21 was the anniversary of the IWA-MS Mike Levy incident.

The good thing for Ian is that he never has to worry about going to Hell because even Satan has standards.

• Haha 2

I seem to recall some call in shoot he did for a podcast where Mickie calls in and demands that he admit to (something, don't remember), and he just keeps saying she's a liar, or that it didn't happen that way, etc.  And, if I'm given the choice to believe anyone vs Ian Rotten ...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nate said:

I seem to recall some call in shoot he did for a podcast where Mickie calls in and demands that he admit to (something, don't remember), and he just keeps saying she's a liar, or that it didn't happen that way, etc.  And, if I'm given the choice to believe anyone vs Ian Rotten ...

I'd believe present day Axl Rotten over Ian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, nate said:

Was that the one where JC Bailey's dad called in claiming (and let's be real: he wasn't claiming, he was telling the God's honest truth) that Ian paid his son off in drugs?

• Like 1

This is addressing something a few pages back but I can never say Seth doesn't have or show potential to be a great performer. I remember one year where he fought John Cena at SummerSlam and Cena was all banged up coming into the match and Seth dragged him to a match that completely tore the house down.  This might have been the same match where he debuted the superplex/falcon arrow combo. 

I don't think many in WWE could have done what Seth did under those circumstances.  

29 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, watching The Wrestlers up in Native reserves in Canada with little kids swarming the ring in joy is too happy to get sucked into that right now.

It got a little hard for me when Kayla was being interviewed and telling her story.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Even if presumably there will be plugs for where you can donate to charity, anyone who was going to watch FftF can still catch a replay. Does he think this show will have any fewer eyes on it because of an Evolve show getting a bigger platform? 

People are missing this: last time I checked WWE Network isn't geoblocked in Florida and South Georgia. Running the show on the network is giving fans in that area an option instead of going to the AEW show. 

13 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

So, if your wrestling name is a mash-up of character from favourite film and character from favourite book, but from like 15 years ago, who would you be? The best I can come up with right now is Nate Kilgore (Nate taken from Nately from Catch-22, Kilgore taken from... well, you should all know what Kilgore is taken from).

Westley Dent, I guess.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Skyward Sword would be a helluva name for a finisher.

Cody's a big Zelda fan- used to wear the Triforce on his boots, and he named his crappy vertebreaker finisher Din's Fire.

Edited by alstein

8 hours ago, Casey said:

And... I'm still calling "work" five years later as about a month after this Levy was booked by Ian for some additional deathmatch bullshit. Basically, I think you have the case of a pudgy, untrained painfreak and the marginally trained goofs in Ian's backyard bloodtard fed, so it was really a perfect storm for the thirty or so idiots that would show up to watch this sort of thing.