DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

3 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

So, if your wrestling name is a mash-up of character from favourite film and character from favourite book, but from like 15 years ago, who would you be? The best I can come up with right now is Nate Kilgore (Nate taken from Nately from Catch-22, Kilgore taken from... well, you should all know what Kilgore is taken from).

Tyler Black.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

So, if your wrestling name is a mash-up of character from favourite film and character from favourite book, but from like 15 years ago, who would you be? The best I can come up with right now is Nate Kilgore (Nate taken from Nately from Catch-22, Kilgore taken from... well, you should all know what Kilgore is taken from).

Doctor Demon. Doctor as in Dr Tachyon (Wild Cards), Demon as in Maxwell Demon (Velvet Goldmine).

21 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I support half of this.

13 minutes ago, Peck said:

Now I feel bad for making fun of him.

As someone that struggles with Major Depression and Anxiety..

It doesn't give you a hall pass to be an asshole.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

If you mean my favorite movie and book from 2004, then...

Oh boy...

Uh...

Andrew (Garden State) Stewart (America by Jon Stewart

If you just mean whatever was my favorite movie and book at that time?

Marty Durden? Tyler McFly? Dante Durden? Tyler Dante?

Tyler McFly makes me chuckle the most. Tyler Dante may be a more edgelord name than Tyler Black.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

Just now, Craig H said:

Interest use of Tozawa in that image considering his "DONE" vaguetweet. Unless he's working this Evolve show and is then done.

Yeah - they are running Tozawa challenging Cole for the NXT Title (which is why both are pictured)

56 minutes ago, Raziel said:

As someone that struggles with Major Depression and Anxiety..

It doesn't give you a hall pass to be an asshole.

In certain illnesses it does explain a lot, probably not this one.

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Interest use of Tozawa in that image considering his "DONE" vaguetweet. Unless he's working this Evolve show and is then done.

It was reported that Tozawa has another year on his contract so he might not be done just yet.

I still insist Seth should use his real name. Which is a very millennial name. Colby Lopez! Cue cheese puns. For the record, he's not latinx, his step-father is.

Edited by Ryan

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Are they just live streaming the Evolve show? Or will it end up in the library like everyone else? 

One would assume it will be in the library too but neither the Wrap story or the WWE story specifies

Especially because it can double as the trial balloon for how many views a (technically) non-WWE show would get on the Network

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Two things that people dislike about modern Wrestling: Endless recaps and reminders, and We Know Who That Is-isms. But having said that, MLW really should remind their viewers that Simon Gotch was fired from WWE for beating up his co workers backstage. I mean, obviously in kayfabe it's tricky to differentiate between the worked angle backstage attacks he does now, and the legit punch ups he was having before, but still. With him not having the most intimidating appearance (especially when standing next to Jacob Fatu), I was wondering what he really brought to Contra Unit. Although him threatening a ref with a shard of broken door, holding it like a dagger, that made him look like he belongs in the gang of psychos.

Thank you. I like Gotch ok, but he just doesn't seem to fit the group. His basic body language while walking to and from the ring doesn't translate "DANGER" like his Contra cohorts.
He just looks like some dude.

30 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Crossing my fingers for AEW & TNT to announce that they will air Fight For The Fallen on TNT.

For real. Heat this thing up a little with some of that sweet Clash/WMIV action. I'm sure it'll do better than Oceans 13 or Law and Order or whatever they were going to run. 

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

For real. Heat this thing up a little with some of that sweet Clash/WMIV action. I'm sure it'll do better than Oceans 13 or Law and Order or whatever they were going to run. 

Looking at the schedule, and I see they usually air movies on that day. So there is definitely an opening, and they can sell it as a “Fall Preview” of the new weekly wrestling series.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

If AEW is going to be the woke promotion, they should run a TV special against the next blood money Saudi special.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Manny Halcombe.

I'll let you try to work out what my favorite movie and favorite book (well, one of the three I would have held up as my tri-favorites) those are from. 

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Jay Strider, which isn’t a million miles from my shoot name!

I was still loving the Jay and Silent Bob movie and Lord of the Rings around 04.

Bob Legolas doesn’t have the same ring to it