DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

8 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Oh man, what's Jinder up to? I haven't seen that dude in ages. 

I was there the night he won the title. Might need to make my own power point on how WWE taking Chicago for granted that night lead to fans selling out the Sears Centre for All In.

In the 24/7 mix, chased down R Truth on a golf course in a non televised social media segment in the last couple of weeks. He also appeared on one of those IIconics skits (again on social media) squeezing into a t shirt and being generally likeable.

Im disappointed he never showed up in the Drew / Heath interaction last week to give us a 3MB reunion

Edit: like @West Newbury Bad Boy Said

Edited by Custos

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Rollins didn't go through any of this either, though. He might be friends with some people who did, but on the other hand, Ospreay might be friends with people who went through that too.

I think Seth is going through it right now but he's handling it poorly. He's being a total clown. But if we look at it, within two months of him becoming the 'Beast Slayer',  Dean left,  bunch of other people want to leave,  Ratings are worse than they've ever been,   AEW announced a TV deal and their first PPV was a major success and meanwhile Seth Rollins is saddled with company man Baron Corbin where it's near impossible to have a good match and the story they are telling is satisfying only one person,  Vince.  He's out there getting shit on nightly.  He's become in a way a sacrificial lamb and anytime now Vince could call on Brock's number. 

I think he's crumbling under the pressure.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Damn Nate's got me on block

Not in the slightest.  I probably just skimmed over a post or two.  The mental health clinic was bumping today.  Had a guy threaten me with violence (...yawn...) and a dude whose nerves were so bad he started bleeding from the ear.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but this made me curious about Hyatte's whereabouts.  He's on Twitter.  It's as bad as you would imagine.  He and Flea (ryderfakin) apparently fell out.  And already I've devoted more brain cells to this than it deserves.

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He's part Peter Gibbons and part Milton, obviously.

The Universal title as red Swingline stapler.  I can dig it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I mean, it's not a stretch to think that 2000/2001 HHH would have been acting the same way if Twitter and Instagram were around back then.

I bet you're right that HHH would be a prick on Twitter during that time but it'd be different because ratings were awesome,  houses were awesome and there was zero competition.  His tweets would be "look at the scoreboard".  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Maybe Seth is also playing the long game. He sees what HHH did and figures that Vince may live until his 90s and never release his grasp on WWE. We may never get HHH running WWE, but we could get HHH doing it. Too bad Seth can't marry into the family unless Steph leaves HHH, which would be a really weird Demi Moore leaves Bruce Willis and hooks up with Ashton Kutcher type of thing.

I mean, it's not a stretch to think that 2000/2001 HHH would have been acting the same way if Twitter and Instagram were around back then.

How old is Paul’s daughter?

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

The ratings and houses in 2001 weren't "awesome". Almost immediately after WCW died, business started to tank.

2000 was the most profitable year.  Hunter was champion during much of that time and that's half the time we are discussing.  2001 he wasn't around as much, he tore his quad in May. He'd probably be saying houses are down because he's not around. 

5 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I hope this all ends up with Seth pulling a plant that looks like Meltzer out of the audience and giving him a curbstomp during his entrance at a ppv and then everyone that loved Cody smashing the throne becomes livid at how petty WWE is.

The announcers won’t understand, and they’ll wonder why he’s attacking a simple caveman lawyer who doesn’t understand our modern ways blah blah blah.

Also Cody’s throne thing was fun, and cute compared to this poor display of a man drowning in his own sweat because a whole company is looking to blame him.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The announcers won’t understand, and they’ll wonder why he’s attacking a simple caveman lawyer who doesn’t understand our modern ways blah blah blah.

Also Cody’s throne thing was fun, and cute compared to this poor display of a man drowning in his own sweat because a whole company is looking to blame him.

They're blaming Shane?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They're blaming Shane?

That guy really should get an EKG or an Apple Watch 4 to get an ECG on the go. It's almost alarming for how quickly he turns nearly purple from the slightest bit of activity. I'm overweight as all hell, but I can at least do minimal physical activities without looking like Shane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

You mentioning Shawn Michaels reminds me I got to thinking last month about championships vacated by Michaels' avoiding the job.

WWF Tag Team Titles when Michaels' and Diesel couldn't get along. November 1994.

Shawn Michaels wins the WWF Tag Team Titles with Diesel but result is overturned next night on RAW. September 1995.

WWF Intercontinental Championship after the Marines not named John Cena and the Miz got him in October 1995.

WWF Championship when Shawn Michaels infamously loses his smile. February 1997.

WWF Tag Team Titles with Steve Austin due to Bret and Shawn's backstage fight. May 1997.

The way Shawn Michaels dropped the WWF European Championship to Triple H. December 1997.

Missing any?

Tag Titles with Cena.  Lost them in a battle royal by immediately eliminating his own partner.

• Thanks 1

Remember when Jericho left the Internet Wrestling Community because someone on pwtorch.com gave him less than four stars?

Here's the damning quote from the Rollins SI interview that renders everything I've said on the subject irrelevant:

"I’m real proud of what I do and what our crew does and the effort they put forward. I’m not just talking about the wrestlers, the guys and girls who you see out in the ring, I’m talking about everybody, from creative all the way up to Vince McMahon."

So yeah, uh...disregard what I said.

Take him out. Get him out of here. Get that architect out of here. Take him out of the ring. Kill him. Sic him, demons. Suck his life out. I don't give a shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I get that creative is to blame for some of that or even most of that because of how things are built or aren't built but I do feel there are a lot of lapsed fans who would not like anything from WWE because it's the corporate machine they've fought so hard against for the last 20 years. 

This is not wrong. This is the  type of fans All In drew last year, and AEW is drawing now.