DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

6 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

WWE only promotes movies that they themselves have their fingers in.  Batista has a role in the 2nd highest-grossing movie of ALL TIME.  I don't think WWE gave it a single mention during his brief comeback this year.  Hell, Batista's been treated as a nobody by WWE for the past five years and he's arguably the second or third biggest mainstream wrestler-actor out there.  Would seem like a win-win to mention it but Vince seems to get pissy when his talent proves they can make it on their own without him.

5 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

They've mentioned Roman being in H & S on social media already, though. So I think they'll push it as August draws closer.

Fair play on Batista, though. I assume they thought he'd crash and burn as an actor, only to see him become part of the biggest pop-culture/movie-going phenomenon ever. Probably chaps them good that they missed the boat on him, so they're digging in their heels out of stubbornness. Silly mindset to have.

Could just be that they don't want to deal with Disney. I want to say they did a minor promotion for Stuber. Beyond that it isn't like Batista is a current star for them.

26 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Dave and%or Dave's agent have been smart so far: bond movie, blade runner and Marvel movies. Good solid nerd resume. 

And Dune on the horizon.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Dave and%or Dave's agent have been smart so far: bond movie, blade runner and Marvel movies. Good solid nerd resume. 

Dave is actually the nerd.

B6KQACWIIAAPBkm.jpg

Edit: Also Seth is getting into 90’s Shawn, and Jeff Jarrett levels of guys who talk big but never drew a dime.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone else think we are leading to a Seth Rollins heel turn, he turns on Becky and then it leads to the first Intergender Title Vs Title match at Summerslam between Rollins and Lynch with Becky winning.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Boydy said:

Does anyone else think we are leading to a Seth Rollins heel turn, he turns on Becky and then it leads to the first Intergender Title Vs Title match at Summerslam between Rollins and Lynch with Becky winning.

Someone report this guy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Could just be that they don't want to deal with Disney. I want to say they did a minor promotion for Stuber. Beyond that it isn't like Batista is a current star for them.

Did they mention him being in Spectre at all? 

If Vince isn’t getting his cut he’s going to ignore it. 

27 minutes ago, Boydy said:

No to the Becky part, yes to the heel turn. Vince probably wants to move it onto Roman real bad right about now to see if attendance improves(It probably won’t) under Reigns.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

27 minutes ago, Boydy said:

ban plz

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Seth is getting into 90’s Shawn, and Jeff Jarrett levels of guys who talk big but never drew a dime.

Can you name an example of Jeff Jarrett's "big talk?" An actual quote?

3 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Jeff going back and forth between companies a half dozen times during the Monday Night Wars was amazing.

14 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

No quote, just the infamous shoot. 

Edit: Fuck! You just couldn’t let me have my moment! You had to throw around your stroke! Well choke on this stroke, slap nuts!

Slappy New Year, BTW.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Ah, I was thinking you were referring to behind the scenes (not on WWE TV).

I don't really consider someone being told to go out and shoot one time by his boss to be anywhere close to the level of Shawn's bullshit.

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

No quote, just the infamous shoot. 

BEAT YOU!

But to be fair, I remember Russo's attempt to shit on NWA Jeff and the Guy Fieri meets Amanda Bearse haircut Jeff after he left WCW jobbing to Mongo on the final Clash. I don't remember Jeff doing shoot promos for about a month that went absolutely nowhere when he did show back up. I must have been watching Nitro. 

19 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

That wasn't the comparison you were making. 

Well he’s a top face that doesn’t draw because he’s not suitable to being the top face, and is better at being a heel. He also lashes out at people that question his ability. If you read it correctly I said he was “getting to 90’s Shawn levels”, not “he’s at Shawn levels”. He needs to fight 50 sailors, do copious amounts of drugs, and refuse to job to get to that level. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Sorry if my suggestion annoyed everyone, I just see it being a possibility.

I was the first one to suggest on another forum about WWE turning Sami Zayn heel but that was to have him as a Pro Syrian Anti American heel. 

I wasn't trying to troll anyone, sorry and I wont suggest anything anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Comparing Rollins to Shawn is also ridiculous, so save an eyeroll for that too.

Right.  Rollins is NOWHERE near the petulant, tantrum throwing, unprofessional shit that Shawn was.

• Like 2