DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

I’m the biggest Rollins mark on this board by a long shot, but... man, he’s not doing himself any favors with his tweets about WWE having the best wrestling on the planet.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

I’m the biggest Rollins mark on this board by a long shot, but... man, he’s not doing himself any favors with his tweets about WWE having the best wrestling on the planet.

Then he corrected himself as the best wrestler on the planet. Listen dude...

...Davey Richards is still alive.

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

I honestly spat my drink out when I read Seth Rollins' tweets:

Fuck off, Seth.

Edited by The Natural

No, he's selling it short. Seth Rollins matches are the best pro-wrestling matches in the whole universe.

The WWE Universe, that is. In terms of planet Earth, nah. Someone alive who can do what Seth does, as well as he does, as often as he does? OK. Will Ospreay.

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

No, he's selling it short. Seth Rollins matches are the best pro-wrestling matches in the whole universe.

The WWE Universe, that is. In terms of planet Earth, nah. Someone alive who can do what Seth does, as well as he does, as often as he does? OK. Will Ospreay.

And Will does a better job of making faces and screaming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I didn't say that it was easy. I said that if you want commensurate pay for your labor, that's an option you have if you want to be wait staff. 

Your other options as wait staff are to be very good at customer service so that you consistently secure the tips that you need to supplement your base wage or to choose work at a restaurant that has guaranteed a living wage for staff and has somehow baked that into the menu.

And of course, you could also choose to instead enter a profession that doesn't foist the onus of providing its workers a living wage onto the customer so that you can earn what you'd like to earn. 

I guess that "try to get me to give you 25% gratuity on each order I make no matter the service because you really, really need it" is another option, but I wouldn't suggest that it's your best option. 

Eh, I'ma need to see what he pays the staff at Shoney's first. There's got to be a better wrestler-turned-restaurateur out there to do this. What does Abdullah pay at his restaurant?

Free HepC

• Haha 1

Maybe I’m adding more gasoline onto the fire, but I have to say Alexa is still an absolute bore in the ring. She showed it again last night. Hell I’ll put Lacey over her as a performer. She at least does more with the basics she was taught at the Performance Center, unlike Alexa.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Maybe I’m adding more gasoline onto the fire, but I have to say Alexa is still an absolute bore in the ring. She showed it again last night. He’ll Ill put Lacey over her as a performer. She at least does more with the basics she was taught at the Performance Center, unlike Alexa.

Alexa was taught basics? By who, exactly?

Rollins is far from the best wrestler on the planet, and I guess today can be the day that I go ahead and concede that WWE doesn't have the best wrestling.

But...what exactly would you guys have him tweet?

"I'm a mediocre wrestler forced into a role I'm terrible at, working for a company with a product so stagnant that even its most loyal supporters are having trouble defending it."

Sounds like a really stupid thing to say if he wants to keep his position, right?

Twitter isn't a fucking truth serum. It's marketing. The idea that he shouldn't be publicly supporting the company he works for is ludicrous.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Rollins is far from the best wrestler on the planet, and I guess today can be the day that I go ahead and concede that WWE doesn't have the best wrestling.

"I'm a mediocre wrestler forced into a role I'm terrible at, working for a company with a product so stagnant that even its most loyal supporters are having trouble defending it."

Sounds like a really stupid thing to say if he wants to keep his position, right?

Twitter isn't a fucking truth serum. It's marketing. The idea that he shouldn't be publicly supporting the company he works for is ludicrous.

Of course he should support the hand that feeds him. By the same token, he leaves himself open for mockery for being over the top in his statements. Please note, in all of Seth's tweets he has forgotten Wrestling 101, the whole purpose of communicating with the fans be it live, twitter, e-mail, facebook or whatever is TO SELL TICKETS TO THE NEXT SHOW. Anything that fails to do that is simply a waste of time.

• Like 1

I get that he's pissed off. A guy who dedicates his life to becoming the biggest Wrestling star he can be, after decades of hard work finds himself the babyface Ace, the Universal Champion of the biggest brand of the biggest company. And all he hears from the fans is that the show sucks. I'd be pissed off too. If twitter had existed in the 80s Hogan would have blocked so many people who'd said WWF sucks and Flair is better.

But all that I'm the best in the World, nobody can do what I do, that's a heel promo. Cutting a heel promo on the fans, that gets you a negative response.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Ehhh... Flair used to do it too. But that’s Ric Fuckin’ Flair. He can sell me on getting ebola. Seth sounds like Bobby Budnick trying to sell you on his obvious scams.

We need a show with Seth trying to get investors in a box of 81 Donruss Baseball that he can rip open on youtube.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Ehhh... Flair used to do it too. But that’s Ric Fuckin’ Flair. He can sell me on getting ebola. Seth sounds like Bobby Budnick trying to sell you on his obvious scams.

Ric Flair can get me to do practically anything short of loaning him money.

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Of course he should support the hand that feeds him. By the same token, he leaves himself open for mockery for being over the top in his statements. Please note, in all of Seth's tweets he has forgotten Wrestling 101, the whole purpose of communicating with the fans be it live, twitter, e-mail, facebook or whatever is TO SELL TICKETS TO THE NEXT SHOW. Anything that fails to do that is simply a waste of time.

Well, sure. But that's what putting over the product is - an attempt to push the brand, which if done correctly will result in more tickets being sold. Of course it's not going to sell tickets to the people that vehemently disagree with him, but I doubt there is anything he could have said that could have sold tickets to those people.

• Thanks 1

"On the next PPV main event, I won't be Wrestling Baron Corbin. I'll be wrestling Daniel Bryan instead".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

"On the next PPV main event, I won't be Wrestling Baron Corbin. I'll be wrestling Daniel Bryan instead".

Sure, we'd all love that. And then he would be crucified when Vince doesn't give us that.

6 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Sure, we'd all love that. And then he would be crucified when Vince doesn't give us that.

I guarantee you that it could be the best WWE match of the year, and people on this board will still shit all over it because Seth Rollins is involved.

• Thanks 1

People constantly bitch about Niners and whoever else talking about Sasha Banks, but damn, the bitching about Seth Rollins on here is the most tired shit ever.

Morelock already covered it, but Rollins is the top guy or the second top guy in the company. What the fuck is he supposed to say? My company sucks and the wrestlers here can't put on good matches because the agents suck too? Come on people.

I disagree with Morelock on a lot, but these words are the fucking truest ones said on here:

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Let's maybe cool it on the outrage for a top guy hyping up his company and himself.

• Like 3