DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

9 hours ago, Boydy said:

I was bored earlier and just thought of tag teams I would like to see, the main ones were 

Cesaro & Drew Gulak 

Walter and Brock Lesnar

Drake Maverick and Braun Strowman

EC3 and Bobby Roode

Also would like a modern Dangerous Alliance with Drake as the mouthpiece, Bobby Roode, EC3, Braun and Dana Brooks as the Madusa character.

Anyone thought of 2 guys they can put together as a decent tag team?

When WWE 2K19 came out, I paired EC3 and Roode as a team. I feel like that's kind of obvious. I also paired up Lashley and Lesnar as the Dangerous Alliance. They were the undefeated tag champs until they dropped the belts to Aleister Black and Velveteen Dream (also kind of an obvious team). I also had teams of Ali/Mysterio and Gable/Gargano.

7 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I'd like to see a wrestler adapt a Drunken Master gimmick. 

That was sort of the Sandman's gimmick.

• Haha 1

Jack Evans did the Drunken Master thing at BOLA 2015 against Angelico and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in 30 plus years of being a pro wrestling fan.

Fucking @Robert put something in that beer.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So Alexa spent most of the year yelling at people on Twitter about how she wasn't injured and the "sheets" got it wrong and now there will be a special about how she's been injured? 

Has to make you wonder about Sasha’s mood at Mania.

*runs away* 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

That is the one promo I can recite word for word from memory. It's my favorite promo of all time. The other one that comes close is the "You treat me like a dog and expect me to smile, you remind me of a jackass!" promo. The Austin 3:16 part isn't even the best part to me. That would be the "all he's gotta do is buy him a cheap bottle of Thunderbird and get back some of that courage he had in his prime!"

• Like 6

Didn't see this posted, but WON is saying that the reason there were so many 2 out of 3 falls stips this week is because of the newest Vince edict that there will be no more wrestling during commercial breaks. 

Sure. 

• Haha 2

Holy cow.  I just watched Tony Nese v. Noam Dar from 2-12 205 live and holy shit that's a legit MOTYC between two guys I could give less of a shit about.  It's really, really good.  Whoever gave the recommendation, I salute.

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That is the one promo I can recite word for word from memory. It's my favorite promo of all time. The other one that comes close is the "You treat me like a dog and expect me to smile, you remind me of a jackass!" promo. The Austin 3:16 part isn't even the best part to me. That would be the "all he's gotta do is buy him a cheap bottle of Thunderbird and get back some of that courage he had in his prime!"

It's also my favourite promo of all time. 

Jump to 08:00 for the full promo.

Promos you can recite in full,from memory? OK.

"I like you as an announcer, you know why? I just had an announcer... in Atlanta, Georgia, take away my constitutional rights. I have been fired... by Eric Bischoff? Bischoff, you can't take away my constitutional rights because I'm in Philadelphia, where the cons... (drowned out by cheering) Where the constitution was written! (no pop) Bischoff, or should I say Jerkoff, you are a piece of..."

I'm not going to type the whole thing. But I could, if I wanted.

• Like 2

I can recall the songs the Rock sang in the first and best of his Rock concerts from March 2003. 

#And now with many a year, the Rock will face the final curtain #Stone Cold. 1 on 1 I'll win the match of that I'm certain. #I've lived a life that's full. I can get pie and get it all day. Much more than any of you. #Rock did it Rock's way. #There were times Austin had fun when he beat the Great One. #But all that is deep in the past and now Austin can kiss the Rock's ass. #I will be bold and beat Stone Cold and do it Rock's waaaayyyy! 

I also remember a funny Rock line at the expense of the Hurricane. "Arrest the green Hamburglar. Arrest him. He's guilty of shoving Chicken Mcnuggets straight up his ass!"

Edited by The Natural

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So Alexa spent most of the year yelling at people on Twitter about how she wasn't injured and the "sheets" got it wrong and now there will be a special about how she's been injured? 

Maybe because she didn't appreciate indicating that she was nearly crippled and on the verge of retirement?

It's like she has feelings or values her career.

If Alexa said nothing, it would be like when Saido Berahino was not getting games for West Brom. He kept working out in public gyms and running on public streets to let the fans know he wasn't injured. But then a reporter asked him why he wasn't playing when he was clearly fit, and he said he didn't know and it was terribly unfair on everyone. So the manager went public and said he wasn't playing because he was suspended for drug test failures, and they'd been keeping it quiet as a favour to him.

Besides which, the thing with head injuries is, you can't think straight when you've got them. Why did Bret keep working with multiple concussions? Because his ability to make wise decisions was compromised by damage to his brain, and because nobody was looking out for him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Here's another thought: pay Alexa the same courtesy you ask us to do with Sasha.

What are you talking about? Sasha and her husband and whoever else was quoted,  Bayley, etc.  came out and said all that shit wasn't true because unless there is something out there that shows otherwise..  it wasn't true?  

How is that the same as coming out and yelling at people on Twitter and shaming websites/wrestling "journalists" about how she isn't injured and then they reveal,  oh.. by the way she was injured this whole time, you had it right.