DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

Jericho's had UFOlogists and conspiracy theorists on his podcast going back to at least 2014. He had Jeff Hardy and Dean Ambrose on and they talked about their views on the paranormal. This is nothing new. Just scrolling through his feed, he had three dudes from a paranormal podcast on his show like a month and a half ago.

It's tough out there for a drunk without access to WWE-sanctioned guests who's JUST ASKING QUESTIONS.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

15 minutes ago, nofuture said:

This is nothing, Jericho doesn't believe in evolution.

And I don't believe in Chris Jericho, but somehow, he still fucking exists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, alstein said:

I always thought it was a five-count for illegal use of the ropes.

In one of Owen Hart's WoS matches, he hit a top rope elbow, went for the cover and the ref refused to count because you can't win with an illegal move.

The rock singers are usually fun. it's when he starts with the conspiracy theorists, or starts whining about WWE wrestlers being banned from his podcast when he gets the delete button from me.

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

Do you think that people would have still busted her balls if she didn't include the photo of herself cosplaying as him? I think they probably would have just thrown the rap about "But look who you were married to!!" at her, but I would have had zero issue with her making a statement of support and just shutting the fuck up and letting it be whatever it was. But to dress up as a dude that so vocally espoused such hateful shit about the group you are attempting to show support for is so fucking tone deaf and stupid on her part.

Her last name is Warrior.  Unless there is a vast number of people with the last name of Warrior then she was screwed regardless of the face paint.      

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

Man I feel like my friends Gladys and Bertram Warrior would not like you painting their last name with such a wide brush.

That tweet was hilariously misguided though yes.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I used eat lunch around 10 AM when I started work at 4 AM. Granted, it wasn't lamb vindaloo, but I know I've microwaved leftover lamb and orzo, pastitsio, lasagna, and spaghetti & meatballs at 10 AM.

Yea but c'mon Eddie she comes in at 9!!!

48 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Her last name is Warrior.  Unless there is a vast number of people with the last name of Warrior then she was screwed regardless of the face paint.      

I do legit know a Graham and Kathy Savage. Lovely couple.

Strangely, they don't. They have a daughter called Holly.

If your surname was James, would you name your kid Jesse/Jessie? I totally would. But my surname isn't James.

I put on my Ultimate Warrior T-Shirt for the first time in several months several days ago. I wore it around the house for a bit, then when I went to the bathroom and saw myself wearing it in the mirror I felt......dirty. It was actually the first day of this month, Pride Month. I took it off and won't ever wear it again. 

Ultimate Warrior was one of my favorites growing up, if not my absolute favorite for a good year or two. I love the character from that time. However, I just can't support him anymore because of the person behind that character. While looking at the shirt in the mirror, my thoughts were of people seeing me wear it and it perhaps bringing back some nostalgia for them and maybe even getting a few high fives or shout-outs here and there....but then also of maybe even one person seeing it and knowing what he had said those years back and the views he had on the LGBTQ community, and thinking that one person might think that I felt the same way and was somehow supporting it.....no. Can't do it anymore. So that shirt is now gone and out of my rotation.

Round about way to say.......yeah, Fuck Dana Warrior and her tone deafness with her post/picture trying to "celebrate" Pride Month with his image.

• Like 6