DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

From this week’s Observer...

I don’t know if this week was a first, but Vince McMahon, Stephanie, HHH and Kevin Dunn all didn’t come to the California tapings. Stephanie is not a regular at TV these days. She only comes when she’s needed which hasn’t been the case of late. HHH decided to go to Florida since they were doing two days of television with four hours each day (eight television shows from 6/19 to 8/8). It’s everything leading into the Toronto Takeover/SummerSlam weekend show. So he felt he needed to be there getting everything ready. Vince had some corporate items that he felt he needed to take care of, and Kevin Dunn isn’t coming to television when Vince isn’t there. Ed Koskey was running around like crazy at Raw kind of in control. Dana Warrior was there working hands on with Lacey Evans. I don’t know that Evans is a Warrior project but she does work heavily with Evans on her promos

I clean a trio of banks so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on there. I mean these people have Bill O'Reilly books on their shelves and instructive photographs on the lunchroom wall that say things like "MAKE RULES" (in real big letters) "for the 99%" (in real small letters underneath) so you can imagine...

• Haha 3

Clearly Steph is just working an angle where she leaves the creative team for years and doesn't show up to TV regularly so she can come back and swerve us all by being the first Unified Women's Champion.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I work with people who microwave fish in the office

Thank God! I was beginning to think I was the only one here with an average working life unsullied by junkies, sex offenders and ex cons.

21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Certain people will find joy in this. I have no views, it is not my life and I have no opinion on Joey's antics either way. I've seen him wrestle on and off for almost 17 years, so I've seen all his phases.

Apparently they've been separated for a year.  That's why Laura never showed up during the whole "looking for the blonde girl" BtE angle.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

Apparently they've been separated for a year.  That's why Laura never showed up during the whole "looking for the blonde girl" BtE angle.

Clearly if he's going around letting everyone touch his man parts, this marriage would be doomed from the start. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swiftian said:

Thank God! I was beginning to think I was the only one here with an average working life unsullied by junkies, sex offenders and ex cons.

I neglected to mention that one of my other previous workmates did time in Sri Lanka. He was convicted on terrorism charges. Had these scars on his wrists from where they used to nail him to the desk overnight.

I have known some quite interesting people, in my time.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:04 AM, tbarrie said:

I'm sure I've seen refs lay a ten-count on a wrestler who's on the top rope waiting to dive off. On the top rope is not inside the ring.

I always thought it was a five-count for illegal use of the ropes.

2 hours ago, Swiftian said:

I'm more likely to run into a bear than a person at my job in between shift changes.

Edited by alstein
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Brother you haven't lived until you've got someone microwaving lamb vindaloo at 10 AM.

10 AM!!!!

I used eat lunch around 10 AM when I started work at 4 AM. Granted, it wasn't lamb vindaloo, but I know I've microwaved leftover lamb and orzo, pastitsio, lasagna, and spaghetti & meatballs at 10 AM.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Someone needs to pull Dana Warrior off twitter immediately.  She really doesn't get the concept of memory and the ability other people have to use it.

Do you think that people would have still busted her balls if she didn't include the photo of herself cosplaying as him? I think they probably would have just thrown the rap about "But look who you were married to!!" at her, but I would have had zero issue with her making a statement of support and just shutting the fuck up and letting it be whatever it was. But to dress up as a dude that so vocally espoused such hateful shit about the group you are attempting to show support for is so fucking tone deaf and stupid on her part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

I neglected to mention that one of my other previous workmates did time in Sri Lanka. He was convicted on terrorism charges. Had these scars on his wrists from where they used to nail him to the desk overnight.

I have known some quite interesting people, in my time.

Jesus H. Christ

On a somewhat related note, one of my best friends growing up was Sri Lankan. We used to play hockey together, dude was really good. He's about as passionate about the Rangers as I am the Yankees.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie